Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Whats your favourite Christmas song?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why We Use Red and Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:27 PM
Last post by Vincencia
11-12-2012 04:21 PM
64,643 Views  1 Posts
Christmas Tree Tips for Keeping Your...
By MMC Editor
08-30-2011 02:21 AM
65,734 Views  0 Posts
A Babe at Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:25 PM
Last post by ilovesilentnight
10-28-2011 04:28 PM
46,222 Views  1 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,515 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:41 PM
48,562 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sammylar1304 has shown a merry dispositionsammylar1304 has shown a merry disposition
Whats your favourite Christmas song?

My favourite Christmas song is ''The Christmas Song'' by Nat King Cole. Christmas just wouldnt be Christmas without it!

Whats your favourite?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sammylar1304 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-22-2011), Bullypup (08-22-2011), hilarios (08-22-2011), lauriebear (08-22-2011), MsChristmas (08-23-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Religious:

Oh Holy Night ~ a lot of versions but my favorite is Josh Groban OR BarlowGirl
What Child Is This? ~ Josh Groban OR Harry Connick Jr.
Do You Hear What I Hear? ~ Whitney Houston OR Martina McBride
Ave Maria ~ Harry Connick Jr.

Secular:
The Christmas Song ~ Nat King Cole
Keep Christmas With You ~ Bob McGrath (from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street)
All I Want For Christmas Is You ~ Mariah Carey
When My Heart Finds Christmas ~ Harry Connick Jr.
At Christmas ~ Hanson (don't laugh, just listen)
(It Must've Been 'Ol) Santa Claus ~ Harry Connick Jr.
Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) ~ Trans-Siberian Orchestra
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? ~ Harry Connick Jr. (heck, just get the whole album....and he sounds JUST like Frank Sinatra on this song. I swoon!)
Old 08-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

leah has shown a merry dispositionleah has shown a merry disposition
Carol of the Bells, I recommend listening to Emmy Rossum sing it. She sounds amazing.

I also really love Josh Groban's version of The Little Drummer Boy, and the entire Glee Christmas album
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leah For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-22-2011), Bullypup (08-22-2011), hilarios (08-22-2011), lauriebear (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
hm..

I really love "Little Drummer Boy" by Bing Crosby and David Bowie
And "The Christmas Song"
And "O come, all ye faithful"
And "Mary's Boy Child"
And "Let it snow"
And And And....
Bullypup (08-22-2011), hilarios (08-22-2011), lauriebear (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

"Hark The Herald Angels Sing" by Jewel
"Oh Holy Night" by Michael Crawford

The're both on the TSO Christmas DVD, Check them out. They will blow you away.
Bradmac (08-22-2011), Bullypup (08-22-2011), hilarios (08-22-2011), lauriebear (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,735 Times in 4,429 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Yeah, I can't answer that with one song.

My favorite "cold, calm night" songs are "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by the Bing-ster, and "Believe" by Josh Grobin. Just add the fireplace and hot chocolate.

My fav silly songs are "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" by Burl Ives and "Jingle Bells" by The Barking Dogs. Woof, woof, woof. Woof, woof, woof. Woof, woof, ruff ruff RUFF!

My fav Holiday Spirit songs are "Happy Holidays" and "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", both by Andy Williams. Just need some snow and a horse-drawn sleigh!

Bullypup (08-22-2011), hilarios (08-22-2011), Holiday (08-23-2011), lauriebear (08-22-2011), sammylar1304 (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Mistletoeologist

hilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
At Christmas ~ Hanson (don't laugh, just listen)
Yes! The whole "Snowed In" CD rocks! That is my favorite song on the CD.

Growing up my dad and I would get in the car, put in this cassette tape:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/best-o...as-rca-r133626

And drive through the neighborhood looking at lights and snow.

My favorites are:
Christmas in Dixie - Alabama
It's Christmas - Ronnie Milsap
Pretty Paper - Willie Nelson
Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
O Holy Night with Michael Crawford singing is amazing.

Also, White Christmas and no one can sing it like Bing.

Joy to the Word is my favorite carol because of the words, it's amazing what God did for us.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,736 Times in 3,193 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Yeah, I can't answer that with one song.

My favorite "cold, calm night" songs are "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by the Bing-ster, and "Believe" by Josh Grobin. Just add the fireplace and hot chocolate.

My fav silly songs are "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" by Burl Ives and "Jingle Bells" by The Barking Dogs. Woof, woof, woof. Woof, woof, woof. Woof, woof, ruff ruff RUFF!

My fav Holiday Spirit songs are "Happy Holidays" and "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", both by Andy Williams. Just need some snow and a horse-drawn sleigh!

Love it!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-23-2011), hilarios (08-24-2011), lauriebear (09-15-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,736 Times in 3,193 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My first thought is SLEIGH RIDE!!! But its not that easy! There are so many Christmas songs that are my favorite!!! I dont want to do without any of them!! Carol Of The Bells, Silent Night, O Holy Night, everything Perry Como sings, TSO, Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Ave Maria~Lorie Morgan, j i n g l e bells ~ Barry Manilow, all Barry M Christmas for that matter, Clint Blacks entire Christmas cd ~ Looking for Christmas, I am realizing this could go on and on... The Judds, Dolly and Kenny, Josh Groben... Ohhh Randy Travis ~ Old Time Christmas. I better quit. lol

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-23-2011), hilarios (08-24-2011), lauriebear (09-15-2011), sammylar1304 (08-23-2011)