Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » I'm really trying but...

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,443
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Celebrating Christmas in...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:03 PM
46,777 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,759 Views  0 Posts
Bells The REAL First Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:34 PM
0 Posts
stocking Top Ten Reasons You...
By MMC Editor
09-23-2013 04:07 PM
13,755 Views  0 Posts
Grandpa Got Run Over By...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:22 PM
63,837 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
I'm really trying but...

Ok so I'm on the site,I've become a plat. member, but I'm still not sure I'm doing this right.Sometimes it seems there's no one on here. How can I find threads where everybody is @? I'm not very computer saavy but I get by, so maybe I'm doing something wrong or just not doing enough. i don't know.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Hi Merrymistletoe,

Your best bet is to head over to the Christmas Countdown thread, as that is the most active thread on the forum. Remember, this is a forum, not a chat venue. So it isn't "live" conversation. Your platinum membership gives you access to chat in ALL areas of MMC and to access those features not available otherwise.

Was there something specific you were looking for?

Jeff
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (10-02-2011), merrymistletoe (10-02-2011), snowflake22 (04-17-2014), sugar142286 (10-05-2011), Undrtakr (10-03-2011)
Old 10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Thanks Jeff, you seem to always fix everything. no not looking for any particular thing. thanks again!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Come on in to the radio & music forums. There are only about five regulars there and not usually present at the same time.
caninemom3 (10-02-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), snowflake22 (04-17-2014)
Old 10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've figured out why I can't get everywhere. I'm not platinum anymore. <sniff, sniff> I don't recall how I got there but I can't do it now. Hubby says to cut back. Oh well... I look a lot but don't post much anymore.
caninemom3 (10-02-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), snowflake22 (04-17-2014)
Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Maebeary View Post
I've figured out why I can't get everywhere. I'm not platinum anymore. <sniff, sniff> I don't recall how I got there but I can't do it now. Hubby says to cut back. Oh well... I look a lot but don't post much anymore.
You're a MMC Pioneer -- that's permanent Platinum, Maebeary. You should not have access problems anywhere. If you do, let me know where and I'll look into it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (10-02-2011), jimmyolsen (10-02-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), Maebeary (10-03-2011), snowflake22 (04-17-2014)
Old 10-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Hey Merry,

When I first log in to mmc, I scroll down beneath recent threads and new videos to User CP (Your photo will be beside it). You'll see the words New Posts. If I'm interpreting it right, those are the posts that have appeared since I was last here.

I click those, because I know it's the latest stuff. You're fairly likely to find active threads that way, and bump into your chums.

Also, if you go to the main forums page and scroll close to the bottom, under What's Going On?, there's a list of who's on board at the moment. Click a name and it takes you to their page, which has a little read out of where they're at.

Now that's all assuming I'm reading things correctly. I'm no expert.

Best,
jimmyolsen
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmyolsen For This Useful Post:
Jeff Westover (10-02-2011), judesmama (10-03-2011), lauriebear (10-04-2011), lilnoelelf (10-06-2011), merrymistletoe (10-03-2011), snowflake22 (04-17-2014)
Old 10-02-2011, 11:18 PM

Last Achievements

Thank you, jimmyolsen! Nice to hear how folks use the site. I'm sure others have different suggestions as well.

I'm the first to admit that MMC is a complex site. It takes some getting used to in order to find everything -- kind of like my living room on Christmas morning. But stick with it, merrymistletoe! You'll get the hang of it in short order.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (10-04-2011), lilnoelelf (10-06-2011), merrymistletoe (10-03-2011), snowflake22 (04-17-2014)
Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,186 Times in 364 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I always check the new posts first
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
Hey Merry,

When I first log in to mmc, I scroll down beneath recent threads and new videos to User CP (Your photo will be beside it). You'll see the words New Posts. If I'm interpreting it right, those are the posts that have appeared since I was last here.
Originally Posted by frostyman View Post
I always check the new posts first
This is exactly what I do! I log in and then click "new posts" because it provides you all the posts since you last logged in. So you get to see ALL the activity. I love it. Sometimes I check out the individual sections (if I have a thread I want to start, which isn't that often) but more likely...just new posts.
lauriebear (10-04-2011), snowflake22 (04-17-2014)