Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Must see Christmas Specials

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

e_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elf
Must see Christmas Specials

What are some must see Christmas Specials? You know the shows you HAVE to see every year. Here are a few of mine:

A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
Peanuts Christmas
Ruldolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
A Christmas Carol (George C Scott and just recently, Patrick Stewart versions)

I could go on for a while, but I am curious as to what everyone else's must see shows are.

Sean

Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Vacation
A Year Without a Santa Claus
One Magic Christmas
Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,239 Times in 494 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Rudolph is on tonight! So is Frosty!

A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are absolute must see shows for me.

I like all the old shows though too (like Rudolph and Frosty).
Old 12-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Christmas Vacation
A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Santa Claus
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
A Year Without A Santa Claus
Frosty the Snowman

I could go on, but you get the idea!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

megarrick has shown a merry dispositionmegarrick has shown a merry dispositionmegarrick has shown a merry disposition
I really like the ABC and Hallmark Originals like:

Three Days
A Town Without Christmas
A Christmas Visitor
The Christmas Card
A Boyfriend For Christmas
The Christmas Shoes
One Magic Christmas
Off Season
A Holiday To Remember
Old 12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
I cant find "A Holiday to Remember" with Randy Travis and Connie Sellecca. I LOVE this movie and normally Hallmark or Lifetime show it. Guess there is still time, I will keep looking for it.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
I think that movie was just on tv? I don't get the Hallmark channel here. My sister gets it up north. I suppose if I upgraded to digital cable I could get it.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

AbbieNeezer is a new face around here!
Christmas programming

I'm 47 and currently live alone, so each Christmas I'm desperate to get in the mood, so I make it a habit (on weekends, especially) to watch some of my favorite holiday specials. Of course, there's the rankin Bass "Rudolph" in AniMagic!!! Charlie Brown and of course, the Grinch.

But there are some specials that I saw as a child that I'd give anything to see again. One was called "J-T". About a poor Black child trying to survive with his single mom in a slum in Harlem. It was Christmas time and this "try to act tougher than his years" 12 year old, befriends a stray kitten in an abandoned building. I won''t spoil the end, but know that it was indeed poignant and will made my 11-year old heart break when I first saw it on CBS back in 1970. Then there was "The Littlest Angel" starring Johnny Whitaker (TV's "Jody" from "Family Affair". There was also "The Homecoming" which was basically Christmas prequel to "THe Walton's".

But there is one special that REALLY reminds me of Christmas and that's "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol". It's an animated musical that takes place on the stage and features that near sighted freak, Mr. Magoo. The Cartoon Network showed it last year (and I know it's available on DVD) I only caught the last musical number when Ebeneezer nad the Cratchet's extol the virtues of something called "Razzleberry Dressing". Growing up in Texas, this Magoo special would come on say on a random Sunday afternoon before sometime before Christmas and in all my yearsm, I've never seen the beginning. I intend to do that this year. It will be broadcast on CN on 12/19 of this year 6pm (CST) Watch it with me, won't you??

Merry Christmas, Ya'll!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
I believe The Home Coming and The Littlest Angel are available on DVD too. I remember The Littlest Angel.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Mistletoeologist

Originally Posted by HolyNight7
I think that movie was just on tv? I don't get the Hallmark channel here. My sister gets it up north. I suppose if I upgraded to digital cable I could get it.
Originally it was on CBS I believe but in the past few years they have been showing it on cable channels. I know I watched it last year on one of them but cant remember which one and for some reason it is not in my collection of movies I taped.