Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When to start watching Christmas shows

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i watch the odd made for tv christmas movie from july onwards, then from november 6th it's all systems go, i watch every christmas movie and tv programme that i can get my hands on, i continue this until the end of january (i can't just stop after christmas day, i have to wean myself off them!)

the reason i say november 6th is because in the U.K we have bonfire night on november 5th which we make quite a big deal of, so once that and halloween are over it's christmas for me.

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
brent (10-14-2011), MsChristmas (10-12-2011)

Old 10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

BritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elf
This would make a good poll.
I always make myself wait until Halloween is over, and then after that I will listen to music and watch movies by myself - I don't "force" lol my Husband to watch listen with me until after Thanksgiving.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I usually will watch a few Christmas shows here and there throughout the year, usually watch a few more in July for Christmas in July.. then by September I start watching them more regularly..maybe once a week or so.. this time of year when the weather starts to get cooler it usually starts to pick up and after Halloween its whenever I want!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

vaccfam has shown a merry disposition
2 nights ago they had the Futurama Christmas episode (DVR-d it) and myself and my son watched it last night. Just started doing the search on my FIOS cable for the words Santa and Christmas etc. We also broke out the Charlie Brown Christmas board game and played that last night (Right after we played the Charlie Brown Halloween game)
Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,883 Times in 2,198 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
I have to say it's hard not to tempt myself to watch one of my dvds or vhs tapes or watch a christmas move thats on Showtime, HBO or something throughout the year. But, I hold back untill it's Thanksgiving and that when I watch Miracle on 34th street (with Maureen O'hara, John Payne, Edmund Gwenn and Natalie Wood). It just sort of feels just right at that moment-- cold outside, turkey cooking, family is all together and Santa arriving at Macys on TV!!!!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
Hi all, first post since last year!

Honestly, I don't ever start really thinking about Christmas until late September/early October. Any Christmas shows or episodes that are on TV before November I have no desire to watch at all. Like I completely avoid them! I think it's because I'm such a junky from November 1st to December 25th, by Boxing Day I'm just ready to get back to 'normal' and wait for Christmas until next year. There's just some sort of 'off' switch the day after Christmas! Haha.
So yeah, I start watching Christmas things the first weekend in November usually. Even when I do start watching movies, some I don't even have a desire to watch becase I saw it too much last year or something. Like last year, I did not watch 'A Christmas Story' at all. Love that movie too! Just didn't feel like watching it. It was weird!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
I am hoping to start soon.. I am wondering if there is a master list on the site somewhere so I can start adding to my Chrostmas Dvd Collection...
Old 10-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Merry Fourms Member

PeggyS. has shown a merry disposition
I usually started the movies December 1 during the 25 Days of Christmas Hallmark. I will probably start watching some of my dvds during November.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

xmasbug has shown a merry dispositionxmasbug has shown a merry dispositionxmasbug has shown a merry dispositionxmasbug has shown a merry disposition
Gift 3 Christmas movies

I usually start watching them early November, usually one of my special ones every Saturday night and whatever else may be on TV during the rest of the week.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,006 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
I start around nov 1st. But I continue to watch them in Jan and Feb. while it's still cold out,It's the only way to get through the after Xmas blues!!!