Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat The Real History of the...
By MMC Editor
10-24-2013 12:44 PM
16,490 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Christmas Videos...
By Jeff Westover
12-16-2013 08:10 AM
14,032 Views  0 Posts
The Nutcracker
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:34 PM
50,156 Views  0 Posts
"The Boy with the Box"...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:17 AM
0 Posts
The Bishop's Wife (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:05 PM
0 Posts

Old 10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Boss' Bombshell

My boss called an office meeting this morning. With no advanced notice he just said he is retiring. Today is his last day. They are going to keep the office open so I at least have a job till next summer. Depending on if I want to go with either of the two agents they will be putting on in his place. No advanced notice nothing. Kinda shocked. But at least the Execs are keeping everyone through the end of the year. Possibly though till next summer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-05-2011), gabulldawg (11-03-2011), merrymistletoe (11-05-2011), Undrtakr (11-03-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
How crazy! It would have been nice to have some kind of warning - makes me wonder if something else wasn't/isn't going on with your boss. Praying that your transition is a smooth one and that you find a job if/when the time comes.
gabulldawg (11-03-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

loksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnog
I can see the shock value in that, however that's a positive upside in that you'll have some time to see how things are going to play out. Praying for your peace of mind and job security and wisdom for future decisions.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
So sorry to hear that. Good thing you still have a job. Those are hard to come by
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Thanks for the Prayers they are GREATLY appreciated. Yeah made us wonder what was going on. The exec's only got 48 hours notice he was retiring. And I have worked for this insurance company (starting with my father as an agent for 25+ years) for 32 years and I have never see this happen. Shocker to say the least.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,957 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
How crazy! It would have been nice to have some kind of warning - makes me wonder if something else wasn't/isn't going on with your boss. .
That is the first the that came to my mind as well.....anyways I am glad you still have a job until possibly next summer,maybe you can find another one before this one ends! Things have to look up soon I hope!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Achievements

Hey someone is looking out for me I dont doubt. Life will improve. After all the holidays are coming. I am now having the coke commercial run through my mind.
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
That is the first the that came to my mind as well.....anyways I am glad you still have a job until possibly next summer,maybe you can find another one before this one ends! Things have to look up soon I hope!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,148 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by justme324 View Post
My boss called an office meeting this morning. With no advanced notice he just said he is retiring. Today is his last day. They are going to keep the office open so I at least have a job till next summer. Depending on if I want to go with either of the two agents they will be putting on in his place. No advanced notice nothing. Kinda shocked. But at least the Execs are keeping everyone through the end of the year. Possibly though till next summer.
that would be a shock! Hope you find something new quickly.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,456 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by justme324 View Post
i'm sorry to hear that about your boss. i hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Achievements

Thanks everyone. The office will continue to stay open so I have a job through the end of the year. Thank God. We will see if it lasts till summer. There are some other options that have presented themselves so we shall see.