Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » When Do You Start Decorating?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
All my stuffs going up around the last week of november,it stays up for a good month which is right for me.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We usually decorate the weekend before Thanksgiving - but this year my sister and her family are moving that weekend and they need us to help them so I'll either be putting it up the weekend after Thanksgiving or The weekend of the 12-13th.

I'm happy to help my sister but boy do I hate it when my Christmas traditions get messed with!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I'll be building my tree and putting my Advent Cals and trees out on the 30th November. We decorate properly on the 1st December and it stays decorated until the 6th January. I can't wait!!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
There isnt a one of us one here that doesnt understand that!
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
We usually decorate the weekend before Thanksgiving - but this year my sister and her family are moving that weekend and they need us to help them so I'll either be putting it up the weekend after Thanksgiving or The weekend of the 12-13th.

I'm happy to help my sister but boy do I hate it when my Christmas traditions get messed with!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

ormojo has shown a merry dispositionormojo has shown a merry disposition
I'm at university now, so the family will have to go a head and decorate with out me. Though today i'm going to buy a festive apple cinnamon plug-in air freshener for my room. A subtle christmassy contribution to my room but gets me excited none the less. Also my room seems to have a permanent smell of beer now so i hope this gets rid of it aha. Student life
Old 11-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
I put my fall decorations up around the first of Oct, then as soon as we get home from Thanksgiving dinner, those go down and the tree goes up! My mother always did that, well, still does, so I am following a family tradition. It usually take the whole Thanksgiving weekend to get everything done. My outside nativity scene I usually put up this weekend or next, living in midwest I don't trust the weather to hold out. But I usually don't light it until Thanksgiving night.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Melissa has shown a merry disposition
I will begin putting a few small decorations up now, but the bulk of them wait until the day after Thanksgiving.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
elf bazaar (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

elf bazaar has shown a merry dispositionelf bazaar has shown a merry disposition
I`m trying to finish painting my house asap so i can crack on with the Christmas decorations!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
My Fall decorations are still up (fuzzy pumpkins, cinnamon broom, and "welcome" scarecrow sign) but next weekend they'll be put away and I'll drag out the Christmas decorations and tree! My sister will be in town visiting me around that time and has offered to help.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

candysprinkles has shown a merry disposition
The furniture gets rearranged and tree goes up the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Sun through Thanksgiving morning, the tree gets fluffed and the fall stuff comes down. The train is put out around the tree and the snow, houses etc under it sometime during the week. My 7yo loves to play with the train and begs relentlessly until we get it set up. Then on Thanksgiving night the ornaments go on and we turn the lights on the tree. We finish decorating on Black Friday.