Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Saw the first decorations last night

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,398)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,299 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,078 Views  7 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,693 Views  0 Posts
What makes reindeer fly?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:48 PM
47,506 Views  0 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,237 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,448 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Your right, Christmas seems to approaching at an amazing speed. After seeing now 3 houses decorated around my area, I started talking to my wife last night about when to pull all the Christmas decorations out of the attic.

It's a tough decision, of when to do it. I don't want to put them out too early, don't want boxes of decorations all over the house especially with family coming over for Thanksgiving and I don't want to wait too long either... decisions, decisions, decisions...

When is it a good time to start?

The Following User Says Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (11-15-2011)
Old 11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,180 Times in 364 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
As soon as Thanksgiving is past we will make the big transition here! My daughter said she likes the big c9 bulbs so that's what we'll do again this year. I bought some blue replacement bulbs yesterday, I really like the blue ones!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
Got most of my indoor stuff out last Friday.

I've seen a lot of people put stuff up earlier and I think it's because of the good weather - It's been a pretty warm start to November here so I think everyone it getting their outside stuff up early before the snow flies.

I saw a lot of stuff up after this weekend

Hubby says he's putting the outdoor lights up this coming weekend!

I've heard a lot of Christmas music in stores too and it seems early for that, but I love it! The spirit is spreading early this year!

Been hoping and for snow though! It was great to have some on Friday when I was decorating the house. I really hope it gets here by December.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I've seen a few houses in my town that are decorated inside and out. Years ago it would have been unheard of in November but people ARE starting to decorate earlier. The town lights will be switched on next Friday so I expect to see a few more houses decorated after that. I'll be putting my own tree up on the 30th November and my husband usually does the outdoor lights the first weekend of December
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (11-17-2011), shellie12 (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 04:58 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,956 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
I noticed in my town they now have the lights up downtown!I think they must have just put them up on the 15th!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
This will be a busy weekend, the one just before Thanksgiving where everyone is starting to think "what do I have to do this weekend in anticapation for the upcoming Holiday weekend".

I am seriously thinking about starting the decorations this weekend by putting up the tree and maybe put the candles in the windows, etc... and then put the bulk of everything else up the first weekend of December!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,202 Times in 480 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I saw a house in my neighborhood with a lit up tree, but it was inside and not exactly in the window. I think I saw it on Nov1. When I saw it I gasped really loud, completely accidentally. My boyfriend was driving the car and he screeched to a halt because my gasp scared the crap out of him. hah hah.

I said "look, there's a Christmas tree" and he just shook his head. He wasn't too mad. hah hah.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,956 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
The house right down the street always decorates so nice,people come from all over town to see it,yesterday I noticed them working out in the yard so it should be done in a few days! I can't wait to see it!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Ladybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry disposition
I spotted my first bit of home outdoor decorations last night on my way home via the train from work. I did a double take but yes what I saw was actual lights. Then I saw another and then another. I believe I saw 3 homes lit up last night and it put me in such a spirit that I went home with a big smile on my face. I was half tempted to say something to another one of the passengers but I didn't want to be the only odd ball excited for Christmas decorations out so early.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

I caught myself yesterday browsing the christmas light section in Lowes Home Improvements looking (for the first time), and I was amazed at all the LED lights that they have out for the Christmas lights this year. I have box after box of lights and I was wondering just how these new LED lights would look.

Now, in the back of my head, while remembering what my utility bill was last year, being between 500 - 600 dollars for December and January, should I start tossing out the old mini's, C9's, etc... and start going with the LED's or what?

I wonder how they really look; lit up at night in comparison to the traditional lights?