Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » New Christmas Tradition

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,083
Threads: 53,867
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, NMcKeel

Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
New Christmas Tradition

I just had to post about the new tradition I am starting this year. My husband bought me a wooden Advent Calendar for my birthday, it's got 24 little boxes to put treats in, open one each day. So, I got some Dove dark chocolates, and filled each box, so my husband, daughter and I each get a piece each night, and I just printed off 24 Bible passes to stick in each one. I started with Luke Chapter 2, but that only has 20 verses, so I found 3 passages that prophesy Jesus' birth, put them at the beginning, then the very last one is of the Magi presenting their gifts, so we'll read that on Christmas Eve. I can keep the passages in there from year to year, and just fill it with the treats every year. I think I'm going to LOVE this new tradition!

Anyone else start any new traditions this year, or in recent years?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sgrover For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-25-2011), Gingerbread Latte (11-28-2011), JanaBanana (12-14-2011), lillyrose (11-27-2011)

Old 11-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
That's a very nice tradition you got there. In fact you have reminded me to get my kids an advent chocolate calendar....
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-25-2011)
Old 11-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,330 Times in 13,288 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
we have done advent calendars since my kids were little. Love doing it, always challenging to find items to fill all the pockets with. Some have chocolate, some have little surprises.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Merry Fourms Member
Last Achievements

lillyrose has shown a merry disposition
I really like this idea! What a great way to have a special little Christmas gift every day in December!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Merry Fourms Member
Last Achievements

lillyrose has shown a merry disposition
What a great idea!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Chris-T-Mas has shown a merry disposition
This is just lovely!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
OK, so last night was our first night opening a box in the Advent Calendar. My daughter read the first passage: Dec 1: Genesis 3:15, And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.

She looks at me and asks, "What does that have to do with Christmas?" I just shook my head. "Why as I spending all this money to send you to a parochial school when you don't even know that is the first prophesy of the Savior????" Silence. "Ohhhhhh, yeah". I think she gets it now. Hopefully tonight's passage will go a little better: Dec 2: Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

We all enjoyed our dark chocolate though!