Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Warmest winter for 300 years!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,707)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 11-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,109 Times in 414 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Warmest winter for 300 years!!

yes folks you heard right,just been watching sky news and here in the uk we are going to get the warmest winter for 300 years,temps will be around 10 degrees(54f) and above,so put away your hoodies and scalfs because we won't need them,im abit gutted to be honest because we've got used to very cold(-15)snowy winters and you cant beat that at christmas time and now we are going to get this very mild weather its definitely put a slight downer on things regarding christmas.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,851 Times in 3,810 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I wouldnt put too much on this forecast....I checked Winter prognosis UK 2011/12 on google now and found several different reports and all are kind of variying....most are saying winter might be a little milder, but not too much.....what i wanted to say...those long-range forecasts are hardly ever true...because it is quite hard to even forecast weather for a longer range than even 4 days.....still dreaming of a white christmas

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-20-2011), ClaireLovesChristmas (11-21-2011), gabulldawg (11-19-2011), snowflake22 (03-10-2014)
Old 11-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,676 Times in 13,349 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
farmers almanac here says:
This will be a winter of “clime and punishment.” We are forecasting the upcoming winter will be cold to very cold, from Alberta east across Saskatchewan and Manitoba into western Ontario
Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
This might sound terrible of me but I really would like to have this Christmas without too much snow. Last year my parents had to cancel their Christmas Eve party and my mum was unable to get to the shops as she walks with a stick and it was just too dangerous for her. We still went to my In-Laws for dinner but we had to leave after a few hours as the snow was so bad we didn't want to get stranded (they live in the country,so no gritters). For a perfect Christmas I'd like it to snow a little bit on Christmas Eve so that it's there when we wake up on Christmas morning but the roads are still open
The Following User Says Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-10-2014)
Old 11-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
I'm thinking we might end up with a pretty warm winter here too. Every time I think we're experiencing normal fall weather, we end up with temperatures near the high 70s! (like today and tomorrow). I'm hoping it's not the case though. Last year, we had snow on Christmas day! That was the first time it had happened in over 100 years!! We also had a pretty substantial snow/ice storm, which definitely isn't something you expect every year in Atlanta.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,763 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Of course it's going to be warm; we've just bought new snow tires!!!