Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Kelly's Guide to Giftwrapping

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Luke Chapter 2: The...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:53 PM
79,444 Views  0 Posts
Is Santa's mail safe?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:57 PM
Last post by IronEagle302
07-09-2012 08:27 PM
49,878 Views  1 Posts
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,633 Views  0 Posts
Santa Doesn't Always...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:21 PM
48,893 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts

Old 11-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Presentblue Kelly's Guide to Giftwrapping

I decided to try and get into the Christmas Spirit last night and wrap some presents I've accumalted over the last few months.
It wasn't an easy task...

'Where's the scissors?''
1, This probably happens to the best of us but it happens to me every year and I never learn from it...I'm sat on the floor in a swamp of paper, gift tags, boxes...I've just managed to fold the edges nicely on the package and darnnnn...I can't find the scissors/sellotape/pens!!! So as I keep one hand on the present as I don't want to spoil the wrapping, whillst I frantically scramble through all the stuff for the sellotape!! Argh...don't you just HATE that!? Stuff sort of magically disappears...

'Don't forget the batteries'
2, You've just spent a while wrapping a present when you suddenly realise you didn't take down the battery requirements!! Don't waste your time unwrapping...my advice would be to check the product online! Don't do what I did, and waste time re-wrapping!

'Is this too much?'
3, I hate it so much when this happens. I always over-estimate or underestimate the amount of paper I need to wrap something. I can NEVER get it right. It puts me in a flap and I get really frustrated as I look for another gift that would fit the paper perfectly...my advice is to not chuck out perfectly good wrapping paper...it will always come in handy for something else.

'Bit at a time'
4, Don''t wait until you have a pile of gifts to wrap, it's so daunting to do everything at once, like I did. What should've been a joy to do turned into a tedious bore!!. Do wrap as you buy or get it done in the shop from where you bought it. Alternatively, giftbag's/Boxes are a better way to go.

'Who's is this?'
5, Always, always write the name of the receipiant on the package if you dont have any gift tags at hand!! No-one likes unwrapping and re-wrapping do they? lol. I ususally write the name discreetly on the paper until remember to buy gift tags..

So thats my little guide to wrapping...anymore suggestions feel free to post, knowing me I'd have more wrapping to do before the big day!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-27-2011), ClaireLovesChristmas (11-27-2011), frostyman (11-28-2011), JOHNOR (11-27-2011), made582 (11-27-2011), Maureen (11-27-2011), Meceka (11-27-2011), MrsEd (11-30-2011), One Spoiled Brat (11-27-2011), Solice (11-27-2011), trackrebel (11-28-2011), whychristmas (11-27-2011)
Old 11-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
this is a great guide!

i can definitely relate to it... "where's the scissors/gift tags/pen" it happens to us all, doesn't it??

plus, to be honest, i'm usually rather tipsy when i wrap due to my mulled wine addiction in december

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
frostyman (11-28-2011), kelly ann (11-27-2011), made582 (11-27-2011), trackrebel (11-28-2011)
Old 11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,402 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I wish I'd had this LAST year - it would've save much wailing and knashings of teeth!!!

This year, I've cheated. I bought gift bags from QVC and enough tissue paper from Costco to sink a battleship. I think I'm good to go for the next 3 years anyway!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,180 Times in 364 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Great advice! Thanks!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That's great Kelly! Always drives me mad when the selotape keeps sticking to itself...
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Thanks, I only wrote it as a bit of fun! But I suppose you can relate to it.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
this is a great guide!

i can definitely relate to it... "where's the scissors/gift tags/pen" it happens to us all, doesn't it??

plus, to be honest, i'm usually rather tipsy when i wrap due to my mulled wine addiction in december
'Mulled wine = wrapping?'' Love to see how you manage that! I can't even wrap sober LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (12-03-2011)