Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » How much more will you spend on decorations in 2011?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,948
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,227)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU
View Poll Results: How much MORE will you spend on Christmas decor this year?
None, I have plenty 7 9.46%
Minimal, I just need to replace a few things 27 36.49%
More than $50 16 21.62%
More than $100 20 27.03%
More than $500 2 2.70%
More than $1000 2 2.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 2,436 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Mistletoe How much more will you spend on decorations in 2011?

We're starting to see the early signs of Christmas in the stores and that always begins with decorations -- especially lights.

Some are critical of stores who would have Christmas available so early but for those enthusiasts with significant displays or those crafters with big projects (or for the shopper who merely purchases such stuff to ship overseas to loved ones where it is not available) it is necessary to have them available in stores.

Given the economy, what are your plans for 2011? Will you be putting up more decorations this year -- or less?

Jeff
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2011), Christmas-man (09-07-2011), Christmasstar (09-19-2011), Meceka (08-29-2011), MerryNoel (08-30-2011), snowflake22 (08-29-2011), Steven (08-31-2011), XmasDreams (08-29-2011)

Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Actually this year for us is a little better than last year. We plan to put up the same decorations we have for years and maybe try to spend a little more on gifts and definitely try to give more to charities for those less fortunate.

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (08-29-2011), Christmasstar (09-19-2011), gabulldawg (08-29-2011), GingerMel (09-26-2011), Meceka (08-29-2011), MsChristmas (08-29-2011), shellie12 (08-29-2011), snowflake22 (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,036 Times in 2,880 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
12 16x16

o boy have already spead about 670 which must be about $1000
i bought a 7ft ferris wheel and singing buck and a set of 3 gemmy light shoe tree.s
they came to $579 and then the postage to northern ieland which was $330
i dont really mind as i dont go on holiday and i live to get the lights up outdoors
also bought a airblown snowman musical lightshow and a airblown mrs clause befour that
think thats me finished for this year with outdoor !! on saying that i have not seen gemmys new airblown for this year yet...am hoping i dont like them
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shellie12 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2011), Sabine (08-29-2011), snowflake22 (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 11:05 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,152 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I need to but a few things this year.mostly ornaments and lights. oh and a few small christmas trees.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2011), shellie12 (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,731 Times in 7,674 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've got a shopping trip to Bronners' planned - it is easy to spend a lot there, but I have a budget and I am going to stick to it, so I'll be spending on the low end. I try to find good, quality ornaments that will last a life-time and beyond, like the ones my dad bought when I was a child.

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2011), snowflake22 (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,887 Times in 9,592 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I voted none but forgot that we always buy our yearly ornament to add to the tree.

If I try to buy one more decoration we will have to move to another house to make room for storing! Yikes! I have been collecting decorations for over 30 years. I cannot even bring out all my decorations every year because we have too many. I am always tempted to buy more every year so you just never know.

I am not a pack rat with other items in my house, just Christmas!

As far as buying the yearly ornament for our Christmas Tree, that plan stays in place regardless!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2011), snowflake22 (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,827 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I voted 'minimal'. Honestly, it's not that we wouldn't like more decorations, but our paychecks aren't keeping up with the bills now. Looks like all the good vintage stuff is coming out again this year!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2011), shellie12 (09-19-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

candysprinkles has shown a merry disposition
I don't think we will buy very many decorations this year. I have been on a crafting kick and I have already made more than a dozen handmade ornaments from my scrapbooking supplies. We do have a lot of Disney ornaments that are in need of repair, but I am thinking of just retiring them. Each year we make several different ornaments either from craft kits or that I find online. I like the custom handmade ornaments and with scrapbook supplies you can change your color theme each year.
The Following User Says Thank You to candysprinkles For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (09-19-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,109 Times in 414 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Im not looking to spend a great deal this year as last year i spent over 300 on decorations so not a great deal is needed,i would say around 100 this year should cover everthing but you never know.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,109 Times in 414 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by shellie12 View Post
o boy have already spead about 670 which must be about $1000
i bought a 7ft ferris wheel and singing buck and a set of 3 gemmy light shoe tree.s
they came to $579 and then the postage to northern ieland which was $330
i dont really mind as i dont go on holiday and i live to get the lights up outdoors
also bought a airblown snowman musical lightshow and a airblown mrs clause befour that
think thats me finished for this year with outdoor !! on saying that i have not seen gemmys new airblown for this year yet...am hoping i dont like them
i cant wait to see your pics of your house come december its gonna look awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (08-29-2011)