Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » xmas films im looking for

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,462
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,504 Views  0 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,261 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Past Comes...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:17 PM
0 Posts
santahat The Real History of the...
By MMC Editor
10-24-2013 12:44 PM
17,207 Views  0 Posts
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts

Old 11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
xmas films im looking for

I found a few Christmas films I cant get hold of in the UK yet.
One in particular, Christmas in Boston and Snowglobe? On Amazon they are only available in US, but the discs wont work over here. Gutted. We have a Christmas Movie channel on in the UK, but they keep repeating the same films all the time. Does anyone know if there are plans to release the films over here?
I recently found Christmas Mail in the supermarket for £3. Yet the other TV films are older than this and I've never seen them.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
There might be a way around this kelly,dvd players can easily be hacked to become multi region so you can play any disc from around the world,all you do is type in your dvd player model number & multi region hack in google and a fair few sites will come up in how to do it,its very simple you just use your remote control and put a code in and away you go.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Sadly I think those films will only be released in the USA. As they're 'ABC Family' productions which is a US tv channel. They would work over here if you've got a multi-region DVD player and a TV that's NTSC compatible (the US way of doing colour, Europe uses PAL for colour...). Many new-ish TVs are NTSC - you'd need to check in the manual.

This DVD player for under £20 is multi region and also says it does NTSC/PAL conversion - meaning I think you can play NTSC dics on a normal PAL TV!
http://www.ebuyer.com/168913-xenta-v...-player-dv1013

hth
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-30-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

candysprinkles has shown a merry disposition
I was watching Christmas movies online at ABC Family yesterday. I am pretty sure I saw that Snowglobe was going to be available at their site to watch online. There were about a dozen you can watch now and more to be added over the next few weeks. Lifetime and Hallmark also put some of their Christmas movies on their websites during the season. I have 3 kids who are constantly hogging our main TV, so I watch online pretty often. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to candysprinkles For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,398 Times in 5,612 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by jayden28 View Post
There might be a way around this kelly,dvd players can easily be hacked to become multi region so you can play any disc from around the world,all you do is type in your dvd player model number & multi region hack in google and a fair few sites will come up in how to do it,its very simple you just use your remote control and put a code in and away you go.
As whychristmas noted, besides the region difference, there's also NTSC vs. PAL to consider. If you have a tech-savvy friend in the U.S. who has a DVD of your movie recorded from a broadcast, they could rip the DVD, convert it to PAL, and re-burn it as an all-region DVD. Slow, tedious, and fiddly, but it can be done.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Thanks for the advice guys. The DVD player sounds good and it's cheap too
Old 11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

@jayden, that sounds complicated to me but I could ask my husband to have ago at hacking our DVD LOL as long as he don't completely 'hack' it, but then again you get buy them for around a 20 quid now unlike when they first came out.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
most non brand DVD players are multi region, I own a Bush from Argos which cost £20.00 and it plays any format DVD.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Following User Says Thank You to ScottCalvin For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (12-01-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

I didn't know this, thanks. Mine is only a cheapy thing too, so I will look into that.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
Here in the US, Netflix has Snowglobe in their streaming (watch instantly) format. I don't know if it's the same in the US & UK; but, you might check into it. Here, you get a free 30-day trial when you sign up. No cost for 30 days, then they start to charge $7.99US a month if you don't cancel after that first 30 days. I'm not sure if the line-up is the same in the US & UK, but I believe you can browse their library without signing up. Might be worth a look for you.

YS