Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,925
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 06-06-2007, 02:01 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Scot Meyers View Post
Merry sage.
COSTCO has the best snowglobes for the holidays. and the San Fransisco Music Box CO is pretty cool too
Thanks for the tips Scott. However, I'm in England so I have to suss out local talent. There is a Costco here somewhere, but I've no idea if its the same as the one back home in Canada.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,955 Times in 2,431 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I collect Nativities and I can tell you that good ones are hard to find anywhere, at least for me. In fact, Nativities are the first items in a long line of Christmas products I'd like to design and market because so much of what is available out there is bad. In my opinion, Fontanini is one of the worst. Not because they don't make quality stuff, they do. My problem is that they are historically and Biblically inaccurate. The Nativity is a huge part of my Christmas and what is so compelling about that story is stark realities of it. Joseph and Mary had nothing. The birthplace of the Savior was not a scenic or pretty place. And the wisemen weren't even there. So I tend to go for the simpler displays and hope that some day I can find a way to do this "right". Unfortunately, I haven't an artistic bone in my body and am so busy making a living that I don't have time for what I consider would be the best job in the world -- making Christmas right 24/7.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

jrk32 has shown a merry disposition
My Nativity Scenes

Hi all. new here.heres my Nativity.its made by Empire and General Foam.i plan on adding the rest this year as it will be are frist nativity in our display.as it was bought this year.so.

thanks john.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4372.jpg (64.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0762.jpg (71.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0763.jpg (82.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jrk32; 08-10-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:51 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
holly

I have a couple of Navtivity sets that I display thru out the house. Their are an important tradition to my family.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Merry Fourms Member

santamama has shown a merry disposition
I have a couple. We got a really nice one as a wedding gift. I keep it under the tree (keeps the focus). I reall would like a nice one for the yard.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

scooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry disposition

This belonged to my grandparents.. I love it
Old 09-09-2007, 10:42 PM

Clark Griswold has shown a merry disposition
We have a porcelain set that my parents made years ago, hand painted too. I think everything is still intact. Not sure if any pieces are broken or not, we have not put it up for several years.

I have a crystal nativity set that I put up mostly out of respect.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,319 Times in 3,778 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have a precious moments nativity for my main nativity & I have a small nativity in the basement made out of resin.

Scooterbugs, you nativity looks beautiful!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

haagarr has shown a merry dispositionhaagarr has shown a merry disposition
I have a nativity set I place under the Christmas tree
Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 AM

chanelsmile112298 has shown a merry disposition
OO I LOVE that knitted set.
I have a rather large set for the front porch.
Then I have a beautiful painted set I actually got from
Walmart for under 40 bucks. Its beautiful. I also have a clear glass set I got from Eleanors Gift Shoppe.
-Leah