Traditions & MemoriesThis forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My Top Ten list would not be complete without:
All in the Family - Christmas at the Bunkers
Andy Griffith Christmas episode
Dick Van Dyke Christmas episode
Mary Tyler Moore 1st Christmas episode...
Remember when Black Friday was on Friday?
Imagine what will happen if the stores are allowed to stay open all night Christmas Eve until lunch time on Christmas Day! This year, more than 50,000 restaurants, bars, convenience stores and...
My Dog Sam
Dear Abby, I too was picked on when I was a child and I too turned to our dog Queenie. She always gave me love and she always listened. Bless you.
Like most here, I stay in the thinking and planning mode all year long.
However my excitement ramps up gradually.
* In July I buckle down and work on the outdoor decorations while listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas videos.
* In August, I start collecting school supplies and toys for my Operation Christmas Child boxes.
* By September I'm in full-blown Christmas mode, busy with wrapping packages, getting Christmas items boxed up for my troops (they need to get the items, like cards, in time to fill out and mail home).
* Peak excitement starts in October when I stop trying to hide it. By mid-October I'm dragging out the decorations, finalizing the outdoor display, mailing the troop boxes (with Christmas decorations- not their presents), and such.
* The BIGGEST thrill starter for me, though, is watching Rockefeller Center put up their tree. Once Veteran's Day comes along and there's a huge evergreen in such a high-profile location, you can't help but feel like the rest of the world has finally caught up to you!
I'm always excited about christmas..
It usually starts kicking in about July.
For the last like 5 years, I always get excited about christmas
around July because that's when QVC starts showcasing their christmas products and
it just gives me that holiday feeling.
I'm listening to christmas music now!
I can't wait until November!
That's when I'm really feeling christmasy!
usually in the summer I start getting in the mood for the holiday season, but the first frost is always really exciting and christmas-y and then I just go crazy then. Although I'm pretty crazy right about now. Or when it starts becoming cold enough outside that you can't go out without a jacket. feeling that cold air the instant I step out the door always makes me feel festive, also when it starts getting darker earlier around 5 or 6.
I also think about Christmas and 'keep it in my heart' all year round. But it's around this time of year that I start feeling really excited because it's the start of autumn, the leaves start changing, and I start looking forward to cooler evenings, the nights drawing in, hot chocolate and halloween ... and then the build up to Christmas! I love this time of year *big smile*