Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » When Do You Wrap Your Presents

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,045 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:04 PM
55,076 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2004
By MMC Editor
06-11-2004 11:00 PM
60,533 Views  0 Posts
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,431 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I usually wrap the presents when I get home from buying them unless they are presents I buy during the summer. Then, I will get them out when I start wrapping the others.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
I start wrapping gifts right after the Thanksgiving weekend. My wife and I take care of the kids and we both wrap with the kids for our family members and friends in the month of December.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Rennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elf
bell

I start wrapping my presents sometime after Halloween. I keep them in my closet. I don't put the bows, ribbons, flowers, ornament and such on until they are ready to go under the tree, that way they look fresh and not mussed up.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I wrap early and wrap often.

Seriously, I try to keep in under control and get the wrapping done early because I do A LOT of wrapping. I not only wrap the gifts that DH and I purchase for everyone, but each year I take my mother shopping and then I wrap her gifts for her as well. If I didn't stay on top of it all, I'd be wrapping well into the New Year!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Dawnfletch has shown a merry dispositionDawnfletch has shown a merry disposition
I like to wrap my presents up in nov,i do them 1 day & the next i write on my cards.i like to post my cards at end of dec so everyone has them for 1st dec.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I like to get a jump on things so I wrap as I buy...Plus then I put things under the tree as sort of an addition to the decorations. I can't stand that feeling that you get when undone things start to build up around Christmas so anything I can do to try and avoid that, I do!!!

jay
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
santahat

Another wrap-as-you-buy here. I've tried the marathon wrapping session in the past. Too tiring!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
present

I wrap them as I get Home from buying them
Old 08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

scooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry disposition
Im with the last 3, I wrap as I Buy...

I wait too put the bows ribbon or string on it, Until I'm ready to put it under the tree, I did put them under too early last year, I had to include dusting the gifts as a chore! LOL

as a matter of fact, I ended up taking everything off the tree to dust the ornaments and blow dust out of the tree! That is one of the negative things about putting it up so early. We have so much dust where I live its unreal!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Invalid Email

pattyjo has shown a merry disposition
stocking

I've already wrapped about a dozen pressies , I won't be doing anymore present buying until I move to my new house in Beginning of December which is a bit scary for me as I usually start christmas shopping in July as I have 5 kids as it makes it easier for me , but this year is going to be a challenge for me, even gettingthe christmas decorations up is going to be a small affair this time as well, as I put them up early usually, but next year will be a big year I hope....