Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Has Anyone Bought Any Presents Yet

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,863
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,290)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM
On the Naughty List

Jinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by dominick View Post
Christmas CDs??
Green Day - she's a Green Day fanatic!

No one in my family shares in my enthusiasm for Christmas - I have to force it on them! hehehe... no really, they used to complain about it, but when it comes time for egg nog, or special baked goodies, or gifts - theyre all for it.

Now we have an unspoken agreement... I ask for no help with decorating and what not, and they just deal with it. I won't let them spoil my good time!

Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
It's kind of like that in my house. At least my one Grandma shares my enthusiasm.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

sarahelizabeth is a new face around here!
Nope! I do love Christmas shopping but for some reason I always procrastinate. I just don't feel like Christmas shopping when it's 90 degrees outside. When the weather starts to get a little cooler, I start to get in the mood to Christmas shop. Sometime when the Halloween stuff starts coming out in stores. Not long now, really. About 2.5 months we'll start seeing progress towards the Halloween season!

Last edited by sarahelizabeth; 06-15-2007 at 05:04 AM. Reason: To add a smiley!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've actually made quite a dent in my Christmas shopping.

I've gotten gifts for my Dh's nephew, my mother-in-law, my mom, one of my sisters, my sister-in-law, and my Dh's neice. I've still got quite a way to go yet but I feel good having such a good start this year. It eases the last minute crunch on the old checkbook and frees up some additional time in December so that I can enjoy some other holiday activities!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
I've collected about 10 presents so far. The back-to-school and Columbus Day sales are the best. I clean up my in-store shopping then and then finish off my list shopping online.
I like having the major gifts taken care of early, so that I can go shopping when the place is a zoo and not feel pressured to the point of getting tired and cranky. Going because you want to and leaving when you want to is the only way to deal with the Christmas crowds!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

little miss icequeen has shown a merry dispositionlittle miss icequeen has shown a merry disposition
I started on the 5th of January on a cross-stitch project and finished that in april, a cross-stitched christmas table-cloth for my parents. Then I found the present I bought in february 2006 for my sister and her husband so I think they may get that this christmas. I´m making a gift for my boyfriend, been working on that for months. And I have gifts for my two little nieces and one of my girlfriends.
I think I have to check that Santa´s bag, maybe I will find some more gifts that I have forgotten all about....
Old 08-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
present

I haven't purchase any gift as of yet. My wife is looking at getting started earlier this year. Maybe next month we will start.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Andrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry disposition
I was gonna, really I was. I chipped in with my sister, for what I thought was a Christmas gift, for an elderly relative, but she gave it to him as soon as we got back from the store!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Amanda Elf has shown a merry dispositionAmanda Elf has shown a merry disposition
I have bought one thing for each of my 3 kids so far. Nothing too much. I usually don't buy too far ahead because their lists change so much with the Sears Wish book coming out and then all the new stuff that is advertised right up til Dec.24th!!
Haven't bought anything for dh yet and have no idea what to get him.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have Started my Christmas Shopping. I have about 3 presents already.