Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » After Christmas Cleaning

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,227
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
yeah, i'm kind'a like star & cah...i do like to do a deep clean after the Christmas decor comes down but i also like to do a little redecorating if the budget allows, if not i just change accessories from room to room.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,125 Times in 2,242 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Funny thing about this thread, ironically last night, my Ms. was just saying to me about when we take the decorations down, she wants to rearrange a few things. IE... this means more work for the hubby....

Lets just keep it December 24th-25th forever....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-07-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,070 Times in 13,426 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
We will start to take things down and pack them up next week. Usually, with the mess I make, tracking in and out of the house all day with all the boxes and such, by default, we have to give things a good cleaning.

This year, I was able (and had the time) to put up 2100 lights on the roofs and another 2 to 3000 lights up in the yard. So it takes a little bit of time packing it all back up.
I want to get more lights up this year. Bought 7 boxes on sale and cost me only $5! Wish they were so cheap all the time.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:39 PM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
This is smart planning!!! You are assuming that I do cleaning, right? Ha, ha!!! When I read this I thought that it is smart because I would work hard, work up a sweat, and be able to turn down the heat and save on utilities!!! Smart, very smart.
yes, the getting warm while working hard, I do do turn down the heat when working, then sit down and have to turn it up again.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:41 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,621 Times in 15,362 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am starting to clean my whole house and take all the decorations down, now the Epiphany is over. I still have my winter things up like snowmen and that sort of thing.

I do my major cleaning in the fall and spring, but cleaning my house pretty throughly pretty often.

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-08-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
It feels good to be in a clean and organized environment when spending so much more time inside due to weather. Good post!
That is what I like the most. It has been awhile since I did the really deep cleaning...you know, closets, drawers etc. I did the desk today and threw out an entire garbage bag full of stuff that was not needed anymore. Why do we even keep this stuff in the first place??
Old 01-07-2012, 02:45 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,621 Times in 15,362 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
That is what I like the most. It has been awhile since I did the really deep cleaning...you know, closets, drawers etc. I did the desk today and threw out an entire garbage bag full of stuff that was not needed anymore. Why do we even keep this stuff in the first place??
My fridge needs a good scrubin'. I hate doing that!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
That sounds just like what my garage looks like. I save everything; I'm always saying "you know, one day I may need one of those" 12 years later (since we moved here) and it looks like I have a little Home Depot in my garage...
The Following User Says Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

I want to get more lights up this year. Bought 7 boxes on sale and cost me only $5! Wish they were so cheap all the time.
I'm with you on that thought. You may think I'm cazy, but there used to be a Franks Nursery and Crafts and when they went out of business, I bought three or four cases of lights; dirt cheap and till this day, I still have a case or two of spare light stands. You just never know when you'll need them or when the mood strikes you, to just hang a few more strands that year....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I'm with you on that thought. You may think I'm cazy, but there used to be a Franks Nursery and Crafts and when they went out of business, I bought three or four cases of lights; dirt cheap and till this day, I still have a case or two of spare light stands. You just never know when you'll need them or when the mood strikes you, to just hang a few more strands that year....
nice find! I will have to be sure to watch out for any going out of business deals.