Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » Christmas/Winter Wedding

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,018
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Christmas/Winter Wedding

So I am in the midst of planning my dream wedding! Since I am a complete and total Christmas lover, I am telling my family and fiance that I would like to wait to have the wedding in December of 2008 (preferably the first Saturday of December) so that it can be Christmas/Winter themed. I am going to be viewing venues in the upcoming weeks because I was told that I need to try to nail one down ahead of time because companies tend to take over these venues with corporate Christmas parties during December. I was thinking about color schemes and options and narrowed it down to two themes and of course, I'm turning it over to my fellow Christmas fanatics to help me decide!

A fun Christmas party:
Colors: Red, green and gold
Decorate with Christmas trees. Have Christmas cookies as party favors with a few do-it-yourself decorations at each table.

A formal Winter Wonderland
Colors: White and silver
Decorate with faux snow, bare trees that have been spray painted silver, snowflakes, etc.
Favors will likely be hand-painted silver and white sugar cubes.

(of course we'll be toasting with hot chocolate and egg nog instead of champagne!)

Has anyone else done a winter/Christmas wedding? Any ideas?

Old 09-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I love the idea of the White and Silver.
so glamorous!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I agree! White and silver sounds breathtaking. Congrats

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
I worked with a woman who had a winter themed wedding. Her bridesmaids wore deep red dresses. The florist made up arrangements for the tables withe pine boughs, pinecones and holly. It was beautiful.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

haagarr has shown a merry dispositionhaagarr has shown a merry disposition
I think it sounds beautiful,I would love to go to a Christmas wedding it sounds like you have everything planned out so nicely Best of Luck
Old 09-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
My daughter was going to have a winter wedding in January 2009, but because of school she has changed it to Oct. 3 2008. Her colors were going to be ice blue, silver, and white. Now her colors are red and white. I think any one of the color choices you choose would be beautiful. I really like using silver and white for a winter wedding though. Congratulations!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,010 Times in 1,082 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Well Im having my reception in Decemember and renewal of vows. Just got married August 4th 2007. Long long story. Long story short what could be better then a reception renewal December 7th!! I want snow flakes hanging from the ceiling. That would be nice. But a lot of work :P
Old 09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
Winter Wonderland sounds so perfect! How elegant. congrats!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

maurakl has shown a merry disposition
holly ooooooooooooo, I wish I could come!

I am in the minority so far, but I think the red and green with Christmas cookies sounds so wonderful. I didn't have a wedding and am divorced now, but just the thought of a Christmasy wedding like that almost makes me want to get married again!

Either will be wonderful!

Maura
Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I so wanted to have a Christmas wedding! Unfortunately, DH and I both worked for the same company that was run by a couple of right old Scrooges who refused to allow anyone to take any time off at Christmas...for any reason.

I think the silver and white would be beautiful, maybe with a bit of blue to accent? The trees with silver sound lovely and I've been to December weddings where they used a lot of "Christmas" greenery and accents to create the centerpieces...absolutely breathtaking!