Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Where is everyone from...?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,960
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 12-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Chris-T-Mas has shown a merry disposition
Where is everyone from...?

So where are you all from, and what are your main Christmas traditions?

I'm from south-east England. Among my friends our biggest Christmas tradition is to create a piece of "art" along a theme to present when we all get together on Christmas evening. Not one of us is an artist, so it tends to be very funny!

My other tradition is playing Christmas songs constantly, using every device I have to hand, so that I am never far from a great Christmas tune! Luckily my new wife also loves Christmas just as much and enjoys it a lot!

Over to you, fellow lovers of the festive period!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris-T-Mas For This Useful Post:
Christmas-man (01-04-2012), Christmasstar (12-29-2011), gabulldawg (01-11-2012), Head Elf (12-10-2011), snowflake22 (12-12-2011), trackrebel (12-17-2011)

Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
I am from the upper Midwest of the US. Cold, but so far no snow here. I keep waiting though! When my kids were little and still believed in Santa, it was tradition to open the "Mom and Dad" presents on Christmas Eve, and the "Santa" presents on Christmas morning. Now that they are older, we still save the stockings and 1 gift for Christmas morning, just to spread the fun out and keep the tradition alive. Other traditions include driving around town looking at everyone's lights, writing a 1 page Christmas letter to family and friends letting them know how we got through the year, a Christmas eve buffet of finger foods and snacks after church, and donuts and hot cocoa or coffee Christmas morning for breakfast.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgrover For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2011), Head Elf (12-10-2011), snowflake22 (12-12-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Ladybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry disposition
I'm from the east coast of the states. Maryland. This time like everyone else here is my favorite time of year and I often can't wait for it to get under way. Growing up the youngest out 5 kids we always made family the focus of the season. I learned most of my baking skills from my older sister who made tons of yummy treats for Christmas like cheesecake black bottoms, sour cream cake, cuppy cakes with yummy homemade frosting. My mum loved her tree and we always had a real one. I remember sitting in front of it as a kid just looking with wonderment. Loved watching Christmas movies and watching Christmas shows.

Now, that I have two girls of my own now I've passed some of the same traditions or activities that I had growing up to them. In fact this week we've already seen three of our favorite Christmas programs and will keep watch for when others come on. Making my family treats and sharing stories from when I was growing up and celebrating with family is also another tradition.

I'm also a lucky duck in that I work for my state's government so I get a lot of holidays that I can bank throughout the year. So when my kids are out of school I take those banked holidays and use them so that I can be off the entire time they are. This year we're taking our girls on a day trip to NYC a few days before Christmas to soak up all of the holiday fun and Christmas atmosphere. I'm also secretly hoping for snow this Christmas, it would make it oh-so wonderful.

Merry Christmas!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladybugkisses For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
i'm a southern bell from up-state south carolina
Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,649 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I live in Southeast Tennessee.

I go with Mom & DD to Fantasy of Trees every year on Black Friday. My side of the family has dinner together in early December in addition to Christmas night, just to visit with each other. The kids get a gift from our uncle & aunt. DH & I share our wedding anniversary with his parents (Dec. 18) & we go to Dixie Stampede Dinner Show every year to celebrate. We go to DH's parent's house on Christmas morning for breakfast & gift exchange. We go to my parent's house on Christmas night for dinner & gift exchange.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I was born and raised in Illinois, a mile from the Wisconsin border, 50 miles south of Milwaukee, and 50 miles north of Chicago. I have lived on both coasts of the United States and I now live in the northeast corner of Arizona, right in the middle of a desert. We recieved snow last Friday and Saturday and it is still nice and white out.

Our first Christmas tradition is to watch the Macy's Day Parade to watch for Santa Claus. On Christmas Eve we would go to our Godparents homes (4) and we would get a present from each of them, usually pajamas and a coloring book and crayons. We would go home and listen to the radio to hear where Santa was, and then hear how the Air Force was sent out to shoot this UFO down. Then they would see Rudolph and they would veer away from Santa.

Christmas morning we would rush to the tree and open the presents and then go to our Grandmother's home to have a family reunion with all the aunts and uncles and cousins. Food, games, laughter and a lot of dishes to do. Sometime later when I was older, we would go ice skating after Christmas dinner.

Today the only tradition I keep is the Macy's Day Parade. I don't have any other family around me so I keep the memories close and treasure each and every one. I love the inspiration of the first snowfall, the chill in the air. Watching little children sit on Santa's lap, the look of wonderment at the presents, lights and ornaments. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I'm from southern Connecticut. Since i was a child, I opened one small Christmas gift on Christmas eve. My husband and I keep that tradition alive to this day. WE go to church on Christmss Eve for 5:30 mass. When we come hme, we enoy an assortment of appetizers. Chrsitmas Day, we stay home. I make a big breakfast that morning, ans we open presents. WE have a nice dinner, and relax that day, listening to Christmas music, watching Christmas movies, and playing games.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2011), snowflake22 (12-12-2011)
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
I am Texas born and raised. Been here my entire life. Love it!!!
We have Christmas at my parents house. Except this year it will be at my sisters. My daughter always convinced me to open at least one present on Christmas Eve. I do my dogs or this year one dog's stocking on Christmas eve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2011), snowflake22 (12-12-2011)
Old 12-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Teresa has shown a merry disposition
I am on the east coast- North Carolina Our traditions have changed over the last few years due to deaths and health problems in our families. Christmas eve is now spent at my mother's house. I cook something and take it over there. This will be my second Christmas without my dad so it has been kinda hard for me and my mom. MY DH's parents are not able to do anything for Christmas any more. Christmas morning I fix cinnamon rolls for breakfast after we open presents and our Stockings. My children still live with us so we are together. Later in the day we go back to my mom's house. We do pick out one night before Christmas and go eat fastfood and then ride around and look at decorations. In fact that is what we are doing tonight. It used to be a week end thing but with everyone's job we have to fit it in where we can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teresa For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2011), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)
Old 12-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

leah has shown a merry dispositionleah has shown a merry disposition
In the US Midwest - Iowa.
It hasn't snowed at all here yet and I wish it would! Christmas in Iowa without snow isn't unheard of, but it's definitely more unusual than usual. I actually think I'm less in the Christmas spirit this year because the ground is green and brown.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leah For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-29-2011), snowflake22 (02-01-2014)