Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 07-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
candle

Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
the problem is these people are in the minority, but everyone caters to them because they make the biggest fuss
The saddest thing about that is....YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by SnowMaiden1018 View Post
The saddest thing about that is....YOU ARE SO RIGHT.
yes its hard to be this good!
(i only said that to get the wifes reaction)
Old 07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
star

AWW, It must be such a burden to her!! lol You being right all the time...Poor poor woman!

LOL, Im kidding, but i do agree with you!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Jane D

Nice thread, Billy!

I, too, am a non-believer and was delighted to read Billy's thread. I have adored Christmas all my life - my parents went out of their way to make it special for me, I hope I succeeded in making it equally special for my husband (whose family belong to a religion which does not celebrate Christmas) and for my son. I get enormous pleasure from the lights, the music, the decorations, MY TREE (!!! can't wait until 'Tree Day' - 16 weeks, 3 days and counting!) but most of all from that special something in the air which even Scrooges and naysayers can feel when December rolls round. You can say what you like, the world is a slightly different during the season!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm glad you found the thread delightful. I do not really consider myself as a non-believer, even though a lot of people probably do. I am an Agnostic in every sense of the word. I believe it was Socrates who said "I know I am smart because I know I know nothing.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:33 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
holly

Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! Oh did I forget to say Merry Christmas!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
And a very Merry Christmas to you.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM
On the Naughty List

Jinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Jane D View Post
I, too, am a non-believer and was delighted to read Billy's thread. I have adored Christmas all my life - my parents went out of their way to make it special for me, I get enormous pleasure from the lights, the music, the decorations, MY TREE but most of all from that special something in the air which even Scrooges and naysayers can feel when December rolls round. You can say what you like, the world is a slightly different during the season!

I couldn't have said it better myself!