Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Thanksgiving Day Traditions

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Christmas Tree for...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:19 PM
55,416 Views  0 Posts
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,507 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:16 PM
41,539 Views  0 Posts
Once Upon a Foggy...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:05 PM
50,005 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Ideas for Frugal Gift...
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
72,315 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by SnowMaiden1018 View Post
Minta
Pepperoni Bread sounds fantasic
care to share a recipe???
PLEASE!! lol

here is my recipe
frozen - premade pizza dough - follow the directions for the package for thawing.
Once it is thawed, stretch it out slowing with hands and rolling it out with a rolling pin until it is in an oval shape.
Spread a layer of mozzerella cheese all in the center - leaving about a inch gap around the edge. Put a layer of pepperoni (over lap the edges of pepperoni with each other). Sprinkle garlic salt/powder (either one is fine) Repeat layers of cheese and pepperoni.
Take one of the long sides and start rolling it in until you have it all rolled up into a log. Place on a cookie sheet with the crease on the bottom. Fold the ends over. Place a few small slits at the top of the log to let the air escape. Sprinkle cheese on the top of the log and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then cut into slices.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
present

Oh...My...Mouth is watering!!
thanks!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
bell

Originally Posted by Merry Sage View Post
Found this on Cooks.com. Sounds delish! Though not for the calorie-conscious!

Pepperoni Bread

OOOOOH!!! I am so making them both!! As soon as I get home lol!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We're not football fans in our house so Thanksgiving involves the Macy's Parade then off to someone's house (either my mom's or his, depending on whose turn it is) for a huge turkey dinner with family and then back home to watch Christmas movies (usually "It's a Wonderful Life") in the evening!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Merry Fourms Member

tnchristmas has shown a merry disposition
Many years ago my sisters (and sometimes my Dad) and I would get up early on Thanksgiving morning to go to the Salvation Army to help them get ready for the dinner they serve. We didn't stay to serve (since it was usually too close to our family dinner time), but we'd help set tables and then wrap gifts which had been donated for Christmas. My hometown is blessed with many volunteers, so it got to the point where it didn't seem that our help was needed. Some of the family, including me, stopped going. Well, last year, my 13 year old nephew asked me if I was going. I hadn't planned to, but I happily got up early, picked him up and headed out to help. It was such an incredibly proud moment for me, to see this teenage boy, without even being asked, getting up early on a Holiday to help those less fortunate. He has requested that it be an annual event, so this Thanksgiving morning, I will again rise early and head to his house and while everyone else is sleeping, cart him off for a quick breakfast and onto the Salvation Army. I'm hoping at some point, his younger brother and sister will ask to be included. It's a new tradition, but one that I hold very dear to my heart.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:59 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Crawl outta bed at 4:00 am...put turkey in the oven... make snacks, clean house, get 4 kids dressed and ready.... cook some more... have dinner 1-2 pm with inlaws, watch football ... crash on the couch with the family and watch National Lampoons C-mas Vacation...
Then get up again at 4:00am next morning for Black Friday Shopping...

Đ♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
santahat

Originally Posted by JanaBanana View Post
Crawl outta bed at 4:00 am...put turkey in the oven... make snacks, clean house, get 4 kids dressed and ready.... cook some more... have dinner 1-2 pm with inlaws, watch football ... crash on the couch with the family and watch National Lampoons C-mas Vacation...
Then get up again at 4:00am next morning for Black Friday Shopping...
Ack! I'm tired just reading that!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Merry Fourms Member

candycane has shown a merry disposition
I guess this is a bit old but I'm bumping it.

I wake up and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, which is my favorite part of the day. Then I'll help make appetizers, get ready, and go to my aunt's house with my family, or some years we go to my grandpa's and I play with all my younger cousins. Then we come home and put up the tree! and go doorbuster shopping the next morning.

I think I love thanksgiving just as much as I love Christmas, because it initiates the start of the excitement. (of course.)
Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I know this may seem like a sacrilege, however I do not like parades. I also do not like fireworks they both bore me.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I usually get up and start cooking. I watch the parade while cooking. We go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving Day, and I try to watch a ballgame. My in-laws aren't big football fans unless it is college (mostly Alabama and Auburn), but if I can get the remote we watch football. LOL!! Friday I go shopping and hubby puts the tree up. The kids and I decorate it when I get home from shopping. Saturday, we have Thanksgiving at my mother's house with my family.