Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,437
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,662 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Holiday Twist: Themed...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:32 AM
0 Posts
"A Dear Little Schemer"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 08:28 AM
55,940 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Evolution of...
By MMC Editor
10-10-2011 12:10 AM
66,102 Views  0 Posts
Tracks of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:33 PM
0 Posts

Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Lots of Hugs

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
Thanks for the support! It's greatly appreciated!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
So, things are slightly better with my parents for now. We talk regularly without a debate and my Mom is trying to lighten up on me.

However, now my Grandmother (my mom's mom) has cut me off, along with my aunt and two cousins. Really? I can't seem to catch a break! Why do people have to be so extreme?

My parents want me to come visit in November because I haven't been home in two years. I want to go, mainly to see my sick Grandfather, but I'm nervous. I know people are talking about me and I know that some will give me the cold shoulder. It's a very uncomfortable situation. I've been debating if I should even go back...ever. I know that seems drastic, but if you knew my family, you would understand.

So, should I take a chance and go home and face the drama? Or should I just cut my losses and stay put?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:59 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,049 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
oh my...this is a hard decision to make....I guess I would go....just to avoid to feel guilty once Your grandfather has passed maybe....You should not feel guilty, if You dont go...but usually thatīs what good hearted people too....maybe You try it once more....and if it doesnīt work...then okay....remember....when u come back from this trip....You will have december and the season to cheer u up.........i hope i could make clear what i was trying to say

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
elf bazaar (10-11-2012), Lacim84 (08-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,467 Times in 1,961 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Lacim84 View Post
So, things are slightly better with my parents for now. We talk regularly without a debate and my Mom is trying to lighten up on me.

However, now my Grandmother (my mom's mom) has cut me off, along with my aunt and two cousins. Really? I can't seem to catch a break! Why do people have to be so extreme?

My parents want me to come visit in November because I haven't been home in two years. I want to go, mainly to see my sick Grandfather, but I'm nervous. I know people are talking about me and I know that some will give me the cold shoulder. It's a very uncomfortable situation. I've been debating if I should even go back...ever. I know that seems drastic, but if you knew my family, you would understand.

So, should I take a chance and go home and face the drama? Or should I just cut my losses and stay put?
Wow, Advice is so hard to give, especially if you yourself, who is giving the advice, has not experienced your current situation for themselves. You must be very careful... people (especially family) can be very extreme about things and it has led to some very terrible situations (as you hear in the news)... Following your heart is a good thing but it can make you do some things that you may regret later on. Use your brain; If your brain is sending you signals not to go, then there must be a reason for that.

It is a wonderful thing that we have here in the great country of ours - Freedom... With that freedom, it allows us to be able to practice, believe and live within our lives everyday, whatever form of religion or personal beliefs that we may choose. Be careful, because some people that come here to this country now a days, do not tollerate any form of beliefs other then what they have been brought up to believe from their own country and or family. If you know ahead that there may be trouble, stay away for your childrens sake, as long as you have the love for them and your family, then look ahead to the future with your beliefs and not the past with your distant family's beliefs.

Your decision is a tough one becuase it not only effects you, but your husband and children as well; my advice is for you to look ahead and not behind.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-06-2012), elf bazaar (10-11-2012), Holiday (08-30-2012), Lacim84 (08-06-2012), Mumof2 (08-12-2012), snowflake22 (03-06-2014), Solice (08-09-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
I would say go see your family, after all they are your family, if they chose to ignore you or cut you out of their lives then that will be their choice not yours. You are the one that went to them as per their invite to you, if they cannot put aside their difference's towards you with regards to Christmas. Then you will always be able to say they were the ones to ignore you they turned you away, and you will never wonder what if, I turned up what would they have said.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScottCalvin For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-09-2012), elf bazaar (09-03-2012), Holiday (08-30-2012), snowflake22 (03-06-2014), trackrebel (08-08-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,049 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
very well put

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Last Achievements

Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
My advice would be first to pray about it. Then know that you do not walk alone and as the Word says, "you can do all things through Christ which strengthens you" Another words you can do it if you believe you can for then the anointing steps in when we are weak and strengthens us to move on.
Listen to your inner voice, your spirit. It will let you know what to do. The Word also says, "No weapon formed against me shall prosper".

Walk by faith, not by sight and doors will open that were closed before.

((((hugs))))
Old 09-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

aleighanne has shown a merry dispositionaleighanne has shown a merry disposition
Closest we had was a family member who did not believe in Santa and did not want anything to do with Santa. They hosted Christmas for a while and then we had it at our house. My mother got Santa table cloth, napkins, plates and had all our Santas on display. LOL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleighanne For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (09-12-2012), snowflake22 (03-06-2014)