Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Anyone else sad

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

ilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elf
Anyone else sad

I haven't been on here since christmas cause i've been really busy with my new job. But i finally had time i took down my christmas lights outside last monday. I was really really sad. I was the last one on the block that took down there christmas lights hanging outside. MY wife took down the inside ones on 12/30. Needless to say i was really sad. Anyone else get sad when they have to take down the decorations. Gotta wait 10 more months again before decorating.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilovesilentnight For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-23-2012), caninemom3 (01-22-2012), GingerMel (01-23-2012), lauriebear (01-23-2012), merrymistletoe (02-03-2012), Solice (01-28-2012)

Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,711 Times in 14,909 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This is the first year I really didn't get the Post-Christmas Blues (PCB's) I have had a bouts of missing my decorations, but with trying to get my foot better, and recovering from surgery, I haven't had too much time to think about it. I took my trees and decorations down earlier than usual this year, but I did leave my window candles up, they will be up until Spring. I hope you can get over your bout of PCB's, there is nothing worse than missing the wonderful season. Join us on the Christmas Countdown, that is the best ways to defeat those dreaded PCB's, we all support each other.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:57 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,491 Times in 9,280 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I am extremely very sad still. I took my inside nativity scene down today and the Santas I had on the mantle. My tree is still up and lit but next weekend is when I plan to take it down too. There just isnt anything the rest of the year for me, Christmas is the only thing..........

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (01-26-2012), lauriebear (01-23-2012), MsChristmas (01-23-2012), shellie12 (01-23-2012), Solice (01-28-2012), xmas365 (01-22-2012), xmastidings (01-23-2012)
Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,311 Times in 5,929 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I am extremely very sad still. I took my inside nativity scene down today and the Santas I had on the mantle. My tree is still up and lit but next weekend is when I plan to take it down too. There just isnt anything the rest of the year for me, Christmas is the only thing..........
Let last Christmas go and start embracing the Christmas that is coming---maybe that will help. Someone once said that Christmas is either here or on its way. Be ready to welcome it when it arrives!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-23-2012), Bullypup (01-26-2012), caninemom3 (01-24-2012), GingerMel (01-23-2012), kelly ann (01-26-2012), lauriebear (01-23-2012), mike24forever (03-12-2012), MsChristmas (01-23-2012), Solice (01-28-2012), xmastidings (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This year ive been fine,no christmas blues at all for me this time round,will be watching at least one christmas movie a month this time round to keep my christmas spirit going through the year and looking forward to late november when the decorations go up once again.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I struggle with seasonal depression and January is always my worst month. I haven't been doing too bad this time to my wonder. I'm trying to celebrate all of the other things going on during the year. Like today the family and I are going to celebrate Chinese New Year by eating a Chinese dinner. Don't worry, the Christmas season will be here again before we all know it!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,731 Times in 2,168 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Let last Christmas go and start embracing the Christmas that is coming---maybe that will help. Someone once said that Christmas is either here or on its way. Be ready to welcome it when it arrives!

A very nice way to think about it; thank you for that thought. FYI-- There are still many Christmas movies (free) still playing on "Comcast on demand". It helps to dull the ache in your heart....

I know~

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-23-2012), lauriebear (01-23-2012), MerryCarey (01-23-2012), MsChristmas (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,165 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
And Christmas in July is just 6 months away!

I sometimes get depressed taking down the decorations, but they I think how special they will be coming back out in 10 months!
Bullypup (01-26-2012), lauriebear (01-23-2012), MsChristmas (01-23-2012), Solice (01-28-2012), xmastidings (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post

OMG MC!!! I love, love, love this and if you are OK can I pass this along?!?!

I too get a little bluesy after Christmas, but it passes rather quickly for I love that feeling of pulling out the decoration, so it is a must you put them away so you can once again put them up!!!
Bullypup (01-26-2012), MsChristmas (01-23-2012), xmastidings (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,311 Times in 5,929 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post
OMG MC!!! I love, love, love this and if you are OK can I pass this along?!?!

I too get a little bluesy after Christmas, but it passes rather quickly for I love that feeling of pulling out the decoration, so it is a must you put them away so you can once again put them up!!!
Sure, you can pass it along ... wish I could remember where I read that thought so you could attribute it correctly.

I like your version, too: You've got to put the decorations away sometime so you can put them up again! It's kind of like "recharging" them for next Christmastime.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (01-23-2012), xmastidings (01-23-2012)