Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Newswire Christmas Newswire.comBringing you news and headlines about Christmas from news sources around the web and from sites of the Merry Network, presented by Christmas Newswire. Members also use this area to share links to local Christmas news and events. Christmas is a year round newsmaker.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,887 Views  5 Posts
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts
The Polar Express (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:00 PM
44,004 Views  0 Posts
“Little Santa Claus”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:24 AM
45,379 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Crackers
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:31 PM
56,482 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-29-2007, 01:20 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,485 Times in 1,023 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Garden City Residents Fight Back

Last week we told you of a Long Island, New York school board who wanted to*rename an annual Christmas concert to a “winter concert” and move it to February, citing the reference to Christmas as “offensive”.Citizens are not taking this lying down. Here is a recent letter-to-the-editor:First let me say, I am a homeowner [...]</img> </img>

More from Defend Christmas...
Old 07-29-2007, 04:51 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

SW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoe

The one thing that "frosts" my tree is that a certain segment of society wants to have everything THEIR WAY. They want no compromise. Its either their way or no way at all. They claim that others have no right to push their beliefs onto anyone else. Isn't that what these people are doing?

I say that its high time that we stand up to these people and say, in a very loud voice,.....ENOUGH!! I am not saying to purposely offend anyone, or to try to shove our beliefs on anyone, but I see nothing wrong with calling Christmas just what it is.......CHRISTMAS!!

We had Christmas break, Christmas parties, Christmas trees when I was in school, and to my knowledge no one was harmed.

As long as I am alive, it will always be called Christmas by me in my house or where ever I go!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
You tell 'em Dennis.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:10 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
With alot of these people it really isn't about what is right or what is wrong. It is about who is in control.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
And obvioulsy those that are in control are narrow minded an can't seem to think or believe that Christmas no matter how you say it, "winter concert", winter formal, winter (etc), it's still the same thing. It's the season, not just the word. It they have a problem with CHRISTmas then it shows their ignorance above all else. I will sign my Christmas Cards, Merry Christmas and if those that recieve my cards don't like, throw the cards away and tell me not to send one to them ever again. I like the idea that the lady on this forum did not to long ago, where she declared in a loud voice (with others backing her) that Christmas is sacred and special and not to be a "Politically Correct" holiday.