Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Santa Clause 2 Movie Prop Snow Globe

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Downtown Pittsburgh Santa
Last Achievements

Santa Johnny Boy has shown a merry dispositionSanta Johnny Boy has shown a merry disposition
22 16x16 Santa Clause 2 Movie Prop Snow Globe

Can anyone help me with this one? I recently found, at an estate sale, a really cool item:

Can anyone tell me if it is valuable and if it's worth anything? It's in very good condition and looks like it was never displayed. I can't find out anything about it anywhere - would need a Disney collector or expert.

It's a prop replica of the one that Santa gave to Charlie in the movie.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC2snowglobe copy.jpg (96.5 KB, 0 views)
ChristmasFanatic56 (10-15-2012), Christmasstar (06-25-2012), Courtney (06-25-2012), snowflake22 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,269 Times in 5,920 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Usually anything that's manufactured as a collectible is not terribly valuable. The prop itself would have value for its rarity and desirability--- a replica, not so much because it was mass produced. The three determiners of value are rarity, condition, and desirability (I.e., how many collectors want that particular item).

You might check completed auctions on eBay to see if any have sold recently and for how much.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-25-2012), Santa Johnny Boy (06-26-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 686 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I must say... I love that snow globe! I shall now be on a mission to find my own.
Check out the collectors board at Disboards... http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37
Also, maybe email Phil Sears and see if he can help or give you info on someone that can... http://phil-sears.com/

Good Luck!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Last Achievements

Santa Johnny Boy has shown a merry dispositionSanta Johnny Boy has shown a merry disposition
Merry: Haven't found anything like it on Ebay either present or past. Saw hundreds of other kinds of Disney snowglobes but not this one.

Courtney: Thanks, Dis boards sounds like something in the line that I was looking for. I'll try Phil Sears this weekend!
Christmasstar (06-25-2012), Courtney (06-25-2012), MerryCarey (06-26-2012), snowflake22 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,259 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Santa Johnny Boy View Post
Can anyone help me with this one? I recently found, at an estate sale, a really cool item:

Can anyone tell me if it is valuable and if it's worth anything? It's in very good condition and looks like it was never displayed. I can't find out anything about it anywhere - would need a Disney collector or expert.

It's a prop replica of the one that Santa gave to Charlie in the movie.

Thanks in advance!
if you shake it does santa and his reindeer fly by?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,036 Times in 2,880 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Santa Clause Movie Snowglobe

The Santa Clause
Description: movie prop replica
Characters: none
Features:
Music:
Size:
Snow:
Source:
Timeframe:
ORP

I found this if that helps.... its seems to be in the disney store

http://disneysnowglobescollectorsguide.blogspot.com/ scroll down the right side and your see santa clause (1) click on that
Santa Johnny Boy (06-26-2012), snowflake22 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Last Achievements

22 16x16

Christmasstar: No, sad to say, Santa & his reindeer don't fly when you shake it. Just snow. It would be amazing if it did!

Shellie12: Thanks for the website! It's no longer in the Disney stores, and a few people that I've talked to don't ever remember it ever being there.
shellie12 (06-27-2012)
Old 09-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
I just sent you a PM with figures, but if you got it at an estate sale I'm guessing you did well.