Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,652)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 06-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,049 Times in 257 Posts
lilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elf
I'm Back

Howdy All,

I always try to be upbeat and funny (dry as it may be at times) but right now to be very honest, I really need my Christmas friends. as I told y'all back in feb. or march pop had a stroke on January 30th. he was doing as well as he could and we had hope. I stayed with him at the hospital and then at "rehab" for all of it save 2 weeks total in all. I watched him learn to stand again, and I got to feed him his favorite ice cream and just being there for him. But sadly on June 5, he passed away as I was the onlyone at the hospital and saw everything as it happend. and we laid him to rest on Fathers day of all days. this in its self has turn me upside down. I have had to be strong for all the kids, Husband, Brother and other family and friends and the fake smile and "I'm fine" is wearing thin. there is SO much more to this story that y'all just don't know and more than I care to put on here. the bottom line, I really wanna be selfish and ask for friendship right now and that something that's really hard for me to do. because I'm always the strong one and the one everyone runs too with there problems big or small and I never ever complain. My mind is so spaztic right now it isn't funny. and I need some cheer right now so I can face everyone with a real smile and be honest in saying "I'm fine" again thanks to all for letting me vent. so all in all this is why I haven't been here much. and now I am back, and y'all know" the rest of the story"
ballcoach (06-23-2012), Bradmac (06-23-2012), caninemom3 (06-23-2012), Christmasstar (06-23-2012), Courtney (06-25-2012), edgalljr (06-26-2012), merrymistletoe (06-23-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014), whitney37354 (06-25-2012)

Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 48,039 Times in 7,735 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh, lilnoelelf, my heart goes out to you and your family! My thoughts, prayers and hugs are on the way!! {{{lilnoelelf}}}

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-23-2012), lilnoelelf (06-25-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014), Solice (06-26-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 02:30 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,389 Times in 31,379 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm so sorry Lilnoelelf. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-23-2012), Christmasstar (06-23-2012), lilnoelelf (06-25-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014), Solice (06-26-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 02:55 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by lilnoelelf View Post
Howdy All,

I always try to be upbeat and funny (dry as it may be at times) but right now to be very honest, I really need my Christmas friends. as I told y'all back in feb. or march pop had a stroke on January 30th. he was doing as well as he could and we had hope. I stayed with him at the hospital and then at "rehab" for all of it save 2 weeks total in all. I watched him learn to stand again, and I got to feed him his favorite ice cream and just being there for him. But sadly on June 5, he passed away as I was the onlyone at the hospital and saw everything as it happend. and we laid him to rest on Fathers day of all days. this in its self has turn me upside down. I have had to be strong for all the kids, Husband, Brother and other family and friends and the fake smile and "I'm fine" is wearing thin. there is SO much more to this story that y'all just don't know and more than I care to put on here. the bottom line, I really wanna be selfish and ask for friendship right now and that something that's really hard for me to do. because I'm always the strong one and the one everyone runs too with there problems big or small and I never ever complain. My mind is so spaztic right now it isn't funny. and I need some cheer right now so I can face everyone with a real smile and be honest in saying "I'm fine" again thanks to all for letting me vent. so all in all this is why I haven't been here much. and now I am back, and y'all know" the rest of the story"
(((((Lilnnoelelf)))))) I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, have been there many times. I hope you will be okay but it will take time. Please know that your dad is no longer suffering and is at peace. A peace none of us has ever known. I will keep you in my prayers xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-23-2012), lilnoelelf (06-25-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014), Solice (06-26-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,065 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Sorry to hear of your sad news

Your Christmas friends are always here for you and don't be afraid to talk to us.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
hey lilnoelelf, i'm so sorry for the loss of your pop. it's gotta be especially hard after being there & seeing it all even till the end. honey, i'd try to cheer you up if i thought i could, if anyone could, i'm sure they would. like cm3 said, it will take time.

don't be afraid to tell your husband & kids how you feel. they need to know even the strongest one in the family has feelings & can't always be so strong when your heart is hurting so. they will understand that yes, you're mom & yes, you're wifey, but you can & are hurting.

love, hugs, & smiles to you friend, i'll be thinking of you & praying for you.

Last edited by merrymistletoe; 06-23-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merrymistletoe For This Useful Post:
lilnoelelf (06-25-2012), snowflake22 (02-01-2014), Solice (06-26-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,127 Times in 13,434 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh hon, you have had a difficult time, wish I could give you a real hug. So sorry you lost your dad, it is hard to say goodbye. My dad has been gone since 1997 and I still miss him.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Bless your heart, you've had such a hard time. I'm so sorry. It sounds like we have a lot in common.

Time will help a little. As my mother-in-law always says, "Now ain't always."

I'll be praying for you.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,209 Times in 6,090 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Lil, hugs are flowing your way. Sometimes you just need a shoulder or two to lean on. And there are shoulders here for you. Take care, I'll be thinking of you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,049 Times in 257 Posts
lilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elf
Thanks y'all so very much this means more to me than you know.I've went numb so to speak and it's just good to come back" home" where the folks know ya understand ya and still love ya anyways. Big huge hugs to all!