Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home > Introductions » Hello to everyone! I'm so excited to be here!

Introductions New here? Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,653 Views  0 Posts
Puritan Humbugs and a...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:21 PM
58,125 Views  0 Posts
In Honor of the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:16 PM
44,109 Views  0 Posts
“Happy Christmas Time”...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 02:56 PM
28,442 Views  0 Posts
Lower Your Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:48 PM
49,958 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,881 Times in 572 Posts
graywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happy
Hello to everyone! I'm so excited to be here!

Hello!!

I cannot believe how long this site and forum have been on the net and it never occurred to me to search for a group to see if there were others out there who were in-love with Christmas.

I have been a self-professed Christmas junkie since I was a child. I passed this odd quirk onto my now 16 year old son who keeps a mini-tree and a reindeer decoration up in his room year round on purpose, not out of laziness LOL.

For as long as I can remember Christmas has meant - well everything to me and the time of year when I feel the most alive. I keep Christmas shows which aired the season before on the DVR year round to play any time. I have stacks of DVDs and old VCR tapes of my favorites and could easily be one of those people who would own a Christmas-Year-Round store.

I love to make decorations and ornaments from glass etching, bead work, lace tatting, ceramics and painting, as well as festooning the inside and outside of the house and yard with lights and garlands. My favorite thing to do is bake. I could bake Christmas cookies, specialty cakes and do sugar work, modeling chocolate, fondant, pastillage and buttercream decorations from sun up till sundown with Christmas-themes. My father's nickname for me has always been, "Christmas-Cookie."

I was raised Catholic in an Italian-Irish household so all of the traditions of those cultures and practices became a part of the things I cherish in the celebrations. I was fortunate that my parents always made the season so precious for our family and that love and joy has continued on in me to this day.

I have a few friends who enjoy the holiday a great deal, but I always feel like the odd duck who needs to hide her mp3 folder containing all the Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Dean Martin and Boston Pops collections. Or the fact that I have Rankin & Bass' Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer on my phone in the video folder as well as It's A Wonderful Life.

I feel very blessed that while my husband wasn't raised in a house like mine, but more the; Christmas was Christmas Day, period and just stressful for the primary shopper/cook. It was pretty much just any other day to them. He actually enjoys my lunacy and thinks my fixation and giddiness over all things Christmas is a charming personality quirk. He just smiles, laughs and shakes his head - much like if you watch a kitten tackle a feather.

LOL Now laughing at myself, because I just realized that as I'm typing this I'm drinking, "Santa's White Christmas," coffee from a green mug that has "Jingle Bells," written all over it in with images of jingle bells with ribbons on them. It's everywhere all the time in everything I do - year round. Drives my sister-in-law insane because one of my ringtones is the Hershey's Kiss commercial of the kisses ringing out "We Wish You A Merry Christmas," even with the little "Phew," at the end. A text tone is the sound the Christmas needles make as they fall off the tree in the Charlie Brown Christmas special. I even have The Grinch song broken up in parts to use as ringtones. They make me happy. Everyone looks at me like I'm barking-mad, because it'll be June and I'm in a store with my phone sounding out Christmas tones, but I just can't help it. I hear those things and I'm overwhelmed by joy, peace, love, excitement and nostalgia for all things good life.

I appreciate those who started this site and board so that people like me have a place to go and chat where someone else gets it.

Thanks again -

~Heather
Odd Woman out in - Lord help me - Florida (one of the least Christmassy places in the US) LOL
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to graywolf70 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-07-2012), Christmas-man (11-07-2012), Meceka (08-07-2012), sgrenoble (08-07-2012), snowflake22 (08-07-2012), Solice (08-07-2012), sugar142286 (08-07-2012), Undrtakr (08-07-2012), xmastidings (08-08-2012)
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Welcome, graywolf70!

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,796 Times in 1,317 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Hello Graywolf 70! Welcome to MMC!! =]

Originally Posted by graywolf70 View Post
For as long as I can remember Christmas has meant - well everything to me and the time of year when I feel the most alive
I agree!! ♥
And I love your father's nickname on you! =]

Old 08-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
Welcome to MMC, you're going to fit right in!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Wow! Welcome welcome welcome! You are going to fit right in with all of us!!!!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,652 Times in 4,418 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Welcome to MMC, Heather!

Believe me, no one here thinks you are crazy in the least!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,369 Times in 5,605 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hello and welcome!

You sound perfectly normal for around here!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:37 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,762 Times in 13,950 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

Hello & Welcome to MMC, Heather!! Merry Christmas to you!!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

sgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elf
Hello and welcome graywolf. You are definitely in the right place when it comes to looking for people who get it!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,369 Times in 7,261 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Welcome to MMC, Heather!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens