Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Introductions New here? Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,865
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 08-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

honeybeeidol has shown a merry disposition
Hello!

My name is Melissa, and I love Christmas! I have even written my favorite Christmas memories in the following article:

What is a meaningful memory of Christmas? You can never have just one. For me, there are memories that span over several years. Music is a Christmas tradition that I have happily experienced over the course of five years. I have been a member of the local church choir since 2006 and have sung at their Midnight Masses every Christmas since then. I have also participated in two Christmas concerts over the past two years. My music skills have ranged from group singing, voice duets, voice solos, piano solos, and piano duets. What I have also enjoyed from these concerts is observing the diversity of instruments that are used during these performances. These concerts have used guitar, piano, and bongos and congas. My boyfriend is a percussionist, and his playing provides unique rhythms and beats to classic Christmas songs! It was also wonderful watching children dance in the aisles to the beat of the bongos and congas. Music is my favorite hobby; to use this hobby during my favorite holiday is very fulfilling.
Music can help relieve stress from your life; it would be particularly helpful over the holidays. According to the American Cancer Society website, "Ancient Greek philosophers believed that music could heal both the body and the soul." Singing for the holidays is so relaxing; I wish it was a daily ritual.
Another Christmas memory I have is the time I have spent with my family over the years. It is warm and cozy to have the entire family together for the holidays. I have always loved exchanging gifts, eating dinners, and having lots of laughs! One unique gift that my cousin received last year was piano gloves; you can play songs right from your gloves! As a pianist, it was a little complicated, but still interesting. I also love gift cards; they are the perfect gifts. My favorites are from Olive Garden and Best Buy. I usually purchase DVDs, and pasta is my favorite food. What could be better?
Christmas is a time for everyone to gather together and be happy. Pick a hobby you enjoy and share it with those you love!

Last edited by Jeff Westover; 08-11-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: link violation
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to honeybeeidol For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-13-2012), Head Elf (08-13-2012), momnan30 (08-18-2012), sgrenoble (08-14-2012), sugar142286 (08-17-2012), Yuletide Junkie (08-19-2012)

Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,500 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Welcome, honeybeeidol!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,063 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hello and Welcome

Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,731 Times in 2,168 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Hello and Welcome!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:44 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 100,218 Times in 17,503 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Gift 2

Hello & Welcome to MMC, honeybeeidol!!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,547 Times in 1,444 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Welcome!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,330 Times in 13,288 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by honeybeeidol View Post
My name is Melissa, and I love Christmas! I have even written my favorite Christmas memories in the following article:

What is a meaningful memory of Christmas? You can never have just one. For me, there are memories that span over several years. Music is a Christmas tradition that I have happily experienced over the course of five years. I have been a member of the local church choir since 2006 and have sung at their Midnight Masses every Christmas since then. I have also participated in two Christmas concerts over the past two years. My music skills have ranged from group singing, voice duets, voice solos, piano solos, and piano duets. What I have also enjoyed from these concerts is observing the diversity of instruments that are used during these performances. These concerts have used guitar, piano, and bongos and congas. My boyfriend is a percussionist, and his playing provides unique rhythms and beats to classic Christmas songs! It was also wonderful watching children dance in the aisles to the beat of the bongos and congas. Music is my favorite hobby; to use this hobby during my favorite holiday is very fulfilling.
Music can help relieve stress from your life; it would be particularly helpful over the holidays. According to the American Cancer Society website, "Ancient Greek philosophers believed that music could heal both the body and the soul." Singing for the holidays is so relaxing; I wish it was a daily ritual.
Another Christmas memory I have is the time I have spent with my family over the years. It is warm and cozy to have the entire family together for the holidays. I have always loved exchanging gifts, eating dinners, and having lots of laughs! One unique gift that my cousin received last year was piano gloves; you can play songs right from your gloves! As a pianist, it was a little complicated, but still interesting. I also love gift cards; they are the perfect gifts. My favorites are from Olive Garden and Best Buy. I usually purchase DVDs, and pasta is my favorite food. What could be better?
Christmas is a time for everyone to gather together and be happy. Pick a hobby you enjoy and share it with those you love!
love to read about the wonderful memories of Christmas, thank you for sharing!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Hi & Welcome!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Welcome to the family and enjoy!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

sgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elf
Hello and welcome to the community honeybeeidol!