Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Hurricane „Isaac“

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Hurricane „Isaac“

Praying for all, who are expecting a hard stormy night.
Please take care of yourselves.
caninemom3 (08-29-2012), Christmasstar (08-29-2012), Mumof2 (08-29-2012), sugar142286 (08-29-2012)

Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 84,573 Times in 14,712 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My prayers are with everyone in the way of Issac's path.

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2012), Christmasstar (08-29-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,306 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
not fun! What I do not understand is why people insist on staying when told they need to go for their own safety. Then they expect someone to risk their life to save them. Are "things" so important they are worth dieing for?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:04 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Eye passed over us lastnight,getting the south end of it now another 36-48 hrs of rain & wind.At the in-laws,Generators on.lights will be out for atleast a week maybe more,no cable,but we have the net so get to stay in touch with family members.tree's down,power pole fell lastnight made the biggest thud!

Christmasstar,When you don't have the funds or there are no shelters open what else are you supposed to do??? drive someplace just to get stuck? you board up,sand up and make sure you have supplies.Yet again on Katrina's Anniversary no less,they got it wrong.we could see it a mile away,and knew it would head here.we have one road in/out where I live,Grand Isle had mand. evac. Not for other places though. it's a ghost town here and there's a curfew,meaning stay inside. I've had plenty of "Discussions"with people over this.I love it when they say to leave, or live someplace where it's less dangerous! Uh,Ya ok I would never say that to people who are affected by,blizzards,mudslides,tornadoes,tsunami's,just about everywhere has it's natural disasters.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-29-2012), made582 (08-29-2012), sugar142286 (08-29-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Praying for all in the path of isaac!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,306 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
Eye passed over us lastnight,getting the south end of it now another 36-48 hrs of rain & wind.At the in-laws,Generators on.lights will be out for atleast a week maybe more,no cable,but we have the net so get to stay in touch with family members.tree's down,power pole fell lastnight made the biggest thud!

Christmasstar,When you don't have the funds or there are no shelters open what else are you supposed to do??? drive someplace just to get stuck? you board up,sand up and make sure you have supplies.Yet again on Katrina's Anniversary no less,they got it wrong.we could see it a mile away,and knew it would head here.we have one road in/out where I live,Grand Isle had mand. evac. Not for other places though. it's a ghost town here and there's a curfew,meaning stay inside. I've had plenty of "Discussions"with people over this.I love it when they say to leave, or live someplace where it's less dangerous! Uh,Ya ok I would never say that to people who are affected by,blizzards,mudslides,tornadoes,tsunami's,just about everywhere has it's natural disasters.
never thought of that, I guess some people would have trouble getting away.
There are natural disasters no matter where you live. Not every disaster gives enough notice to get out of the path of it and all you can do is hunker down and ride it out.
But when possible, I would rather get out of the way.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 84,573 Times in 14,712 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Mumof2: Stay safe and keep us updated when you can. I wi be praying for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following User Says Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (08-29-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 05:13 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,341 Times in 28,895 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Praying for everyone who is in the path of the storm.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (08-29-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Christmasstar,You are right,When we can,we leave.If it's anything over a cat 3 we are outta here. lol all you see is smoke behind our trucks.from the local weather people to the weather channel we were told it would hit the west of us,It didn't went right up our Bayou!We're very lucky to have my In-laws.They have a large enough house with a great big generator to keep us fed,cool, & happy.
I just made our dinner and I have tomorrow's dinner in the slow cooker.Pulled pork it is.Have a fantasic day friends! xo

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,063 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Stay safe everyone