Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Anyone else have a Christmas spreadsheet?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 09-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
Anyone else have a Christmas spreadsheet?

So, who here plans for Christmas? I mean really plans! I have a massive excel spreadsheet that I use that I've broken down into the following categories:

Movies and Christmas Specials to Watch
Cookies to Bake
Various Holiday Foods
Activities
Christmas Candles
Gifts I am going to buy for people as well as some things I want as well

The spreadsheet is Christmas colored with pictures for each item. It has been a work in progress over the years and gets bigger and bigger each year.

I do it because I love Christmas so much and planning gives me a good chance to think about my favorite holiday in exquisite detail. So anyone else do anything like this?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-28-2012), Holiday (09-28-2012), Seawaters (09-28-2012), snowflake22 (10-03-2012), xmasbug (10-03-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,637 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
I like organising for Christmas too. I do it on the computer but I also have a Christmas Notebook.

I like to start around now as it gives me a chance to start thinking Christmas a little bit earlier while waiting for things to really start.

I have a gift list, card list , Christmas Food Shopping List and menu. I also have a To DO List of all the little jobs I need to get done in time for Christmas including all the cleaning I have to get done.

Preparing for Christmas makes me feel excited and I like spending time thinking about all things Christmas especially while we wait for the season to really pick up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-28-2012), snowflake22 (10-03-2012), sublimesting (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
I have a Christmas notebook that I compile all of my lists, ideas, menus, etc. It helps to organize so I don't forget anything. I start working on it around August.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,231 Times in 13,277 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have a Christmas bed sheet
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
My holiday is so involved I really need a spreadsheet so I don't forget anything...especially new ideas I have throughout the year. You know, new decoration ideas, new menu options. I like to have the whole house cleaned and prepped prior to putting up the decor. It's the one time of year that cleaning actually feels festive to me.
I also like to have my shopping all done for food and I like to have my cookies baked by Thanskgiving so I can relax and start enjoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-03-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
No I have ideas I keep in my head but micro managing doesn't work for me. I like to play it by ear.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am really good at spreadsheets, so maybe I should try this. Are you willing to share?

Originally Posted by sublimesting View Post
So, who here plans for Christmas? I mean really plans! I have a massive excel spreadsheet that I use that I've broken down into the following categories:

Movies and Christmas Specials to Watch
Cookies to Bake
Various Holiday Foods
Activities
Christmas Candles
Gifts I am going to buy for people as well as some things I want as well

The spreadsheet is Christmas colored with pictures for each item. It has been a work in progress over the years and gets bigger and bigger each year.

I do it because I love Christmas so much and planning gives me a good chance to think about my favorite holiday in exquisite detail. So anyone else do anything like this?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
I'm not nearly organized enough to have a Christmas spreadsheet, but my parents have a Christmas decorating spreadsheet. They do so much decorating that they have target weeks for completing a particular room or area of the house beginning in October.
The Following User Says Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-03-2012)
Old 09-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Last Achievements

jinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry disposition
I would love to see what your categories consist of! Just now starting up my Christmas notes!
The Following User Says Thank You to jinglebellrock512 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-03-2012)
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I don't make a list for everything I do for Christmas, but I make a list of what I got everyone for Christmas and check the list as I wrap each gift. When I shop for stocking stuffers, I make a list of what I want to buy so I don't forget anything. When we have friends over for a holiday celebration, I make a list of everything I want to serve. I also make a list of appetizers and whatever else I'll serve on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It helps to be organized, and I would be so upset if i forgot something.
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-03-2012)