Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » what you watch on thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,449
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,164)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
O Holy Night
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:20 PM
60,936 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,447 Views  0 Posts
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,758 Views  0 Posts
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
42,018 Views  0 Posts
Miracle on 34th Street...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:28 PM
51,035 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Spyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elf
My family watches the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning. Then after that they all watch the Twilight Zone marathon all day. I usually bake a cake for dessert and relax in my room, or do some homework if I have it.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 KJV

The Following User Says Thank You to Spyells For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

jinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry disposition
We always watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade, too! We also like to watch a Christmas movie that night to kick-off the Christmas Spirit!
The Following User Says Thank You to jinglebellrock512 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
TV watching on Thanksgiving Day is a big tradition for me! Not that I sit there all day in front of it because I have cooking to do but it's on.

First thing in the morning I watch the Today Show for the coverage on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade then I watch the parade. When Santa comes across that is the big kick off to Christmas for me. I jump up and down and scream, "Santas here"!

After that family come over and we eat and play games then turn on the Dallas Cowboys football game. Company usually start heading home by the end of the game. After that I watch whatever Christmas movies, show or specials that are on.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I cannot miss the Macy's Parade, I think I get more excited than the boys when we finally see Santa.
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
The Macy's Parade in the morning (Mr. isn't interested, though ... he puts up with me yelling "Come here! Look at THIS!").
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I do it too. It's not fun watching the parade alone and my hubby is not interested so I'm always yelling, Hon come look, LOL, it's just a natural thing to want to share with the hubby.
Funny!!! Same here about the parade! When my kids were little they watched it with me but I still think it was more my thing than theirs. Now that they are grown, I sit and watch it alone but holler for Wayne (Snow-in-Texas) and my 22 year old son to come see "SANTA"!!! They are good sports and do come watch him with me. I jump up and down with excitement that "He's here"!!! Wayne gets a giggle out of my silliness!

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post

Football
Football
Football (because we are together with family & the guys win!)

It's FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL because I win! Heh heh! I am the die hard Cowboys fan in the family as well as my 8 year old grandson. Wayne and my son-in-law love football but are fans of other teams but they enjoy watching the game. I guess it's more for me and a tradition on Thanksgiving that I must watch. The rest of the family expect football to be on and don't mind it a bit even if they don't watch much of it. They always had it on when I was growing up so we continue with that tradition. =)

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Holiday (10-08-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,343 Times in 3,117 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Funny!!! Same here about the parade! When my kids were little they watched it with me but I still think it was more my thing than theirs. Now that they are grown, I sit and watch it alone but holler for Wayne (Snow-in-Texas) and my 22 year old son to come see "SANTA"!!! They are good sports and do come watch him with me. I jump up and down with excitement that "He's here"!!! Wayne gets a giggle out of my silliness!

It's FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL because I win! Heh heh! I am the die hard Cowboys fan in the family as well as my 8 year old grandson. Wayne and my son-in-law love football but are fans of other teams but they enjoy watching the game. I guess it's more for me and a tradition on Thanksgiving that I must watch. The rest of the family expect football to be on and don't mind it a bit even if they don't watch much of it. They always had it on when I was growing up so we continue with that tradition. =)
That's funny! I do enjoy watching football too... on Thanksgiving it's hard to watch much of anything, with 45 people in the house. But it's always on & the guys are glued to the tv. I am usually mingling with my nieces/sisters/Mom, so I don't get to see much tv later in the day at all!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-08-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
That's funny! I do enjoy watching football too... on Thanksgiving it's hard to watch much of anything, with 45 people in the house. But it's always on & the guys are glued to the tv. I am usually mingling with my nieces/sisters/Mom, so I don't get to see much tv later in the day at all!
I remember going to a business Christmas dinner with my ex at his bosses house and the Cowboys were playing that night. It was a small group with 3 couples. The ladies said, "well, lets go into the other room while the guys watch their game". I didn't really know them all that well and didn't want to be rude so I joined the ladies but I wanted to watch that game!!! I could hear the guys holler during the game and would crane my neck into the other room to see what was going on. LOL! I did enjoy my visit with the ladies but wish I could have done both!

Okay, got off subject a bit, back to Thanksgiving TV watching!

Holiday (10-08-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
I always turn on whatever parade is being broadcast in our area. I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and , imho, that parade is THE best, bar none. When I was a child, it was called "the J. L. Hudson Thanksgiving Day Parade." But since the old Hudson's building was demolished and since Hudson's went out of business, it has been called "America's Thanksgiving Day Parade." Unfortunately, we don't get that parade telecast down here in Florida. Here, we get 2 channels that broadcast a parade and they are BOTH the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Maybe I'm missing something, but I find myself complaining about it every year. I just don't care for it. I don't want to see the latest pop singers performing their hit songs, or see Broadway show numbers, etc.. I would just rather see the type of parade I grew up with which is your local high school bands playing familiar Christmas Carols, seeing the floats, and of course ...Santa!! Other than Santa, my favorite part of the Detroit parade is the part where, (and I forget what they call themselves) but there are a group of local businessmen who all wear black suits and ties, and carry black brief cases, and they , in unison, periodically toss and twirl the briefcases up in the air. Oh, and they all wear Santa hats. It's just fun and funny. nothing fancy or anything. A couple years I have been able to catch the Detroit parade online, but I would much prefer to be able to watch it on tv. In the evening, we might watch a Christmas movie or listen to Christmas cd's, depending on what we're in the mood for.
The Following User Says Thank You to christmasjingles For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-10-2012)
Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
We watch the parade in the morning. I'm in the kitchen getting everything ready for dinner, but I can see the tv from there. After dinner, when everything is cleaned up, we'll either watch a Christmas movie on tv, or a Christmas dvd we own.
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-17-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by christmasjingles View Post
I always turn on whatever parade is being broadcast in our area. I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and , imho, that parade is THE best, bar none. When I was a child, it was called "the J. L. Hudson Thanksgiving Day Parade."

I am from the Metro Detroit area and when we watched a parade(not a big fan of parades) we always watched the Detroit parade. Can't forget watching the Lions play.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
Watch the parade with the kids, and my wife and I usually make fun of the terrible lip synching of the performers on the floats. The kids watch a little of the dog show before we head out to lunch at my aunt-in-law's where I watch the Lions game then it's over to my parents' where I watch the Cowboys game. At night we usually watch whatever movie is on the broadcast networks.
The Following User Says Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-17-2012)