Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » I need some suggestions!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,662 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Tree

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I re-posted these separately in the Recipes forum for your future searching convenience and for folks who don't visit this thread. Thanks for sharing these, Holiday!
Thanks for doing that Merry!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (09-26-2012), xmastidings (09-27-2012)

Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
CONGRATULATIONS on your first Christmas as a married couple. I remember how excited my husband and I were on our first Christmas 12 years ago. I make a baked omelet for breakfast Christmas morning, and we have my homemade pumpkin pie bread too. First though, we put on Christmas music, and have our coffee, while sitting in the livingroom opening presents. My step children come over for dinner, and we have a nice day together. To have something to look forward to later in the day, my husband and I open our stockings after our company leaves. It's something nice to look forward to. Whatever you decide to do, hope your first Christmas is a special one!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-27-2012), momnan30 (09-27-2012), xmastidings (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by jinglebellrock512 View Post
Thank you everyone! Maybe I'm just over planning for Christmas when it should be just going with the flow! Thanks for those recipes! I will try all of them because they all sound so yummy!!!
My wife thinks I overplan....but that's what I do. I have a spreadsheet.

Anyways, before our daughter was born we would go to my parent's on Christmas Eve and my wife's family would stay th night there as well. It worked out wonderfully because the inlaws have never done anything on Christmas day so they didn't have to change any plans. It's so very cozy having the entire family together for a few days. My favorite night of the year is sitting up late on Christmas Eve while the whole house was asleep and I just watch the snow fall and the tree lights twinkle and drink beer and wine and eagerly await the next morning. I'm 37 but could never sleep well on Christmas Eve. Even though I am Santa now I get so excited for Santa, y'know.

Now that our daughter is born we want her to have her own Christmas memories with the surprise of her own tree being filled with gifts. So now everyone visits us on Christmas Eve but they don't stay the night. The next morning we open gifts and then everyone heads over to my parent's for more gifts and we spend Christmas night there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-27-2012), momnan30 (09-27-2012), xmastidings (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,731 Times in 2,168 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
We have not really spent a Christmas alone since we have been married. It seems like there was always christmas with the kids. Were married 20 years ago (this month) and we didn't wait very long before we had two children. Now that they are grown, still at home (for the most part), we start of of course with coffee being made. Then I slip on down to the basement and turn on all the lights, put on some Christmas music and then I call everyone down to the basement. Someone gets selected to play "Santa", and they hand out the gifts under the tree, one at a time to help make the moment last...

We then make a hearty breakfast, while watching A Christmas Story, and then before you know it my in-laws are over and then it's round two for the Christmas gifts...

We watch a Christmas movie.

We then go and pick up the great grandparents and bring them over and then we have Christmas Dinner and round three of Christmas gifts..

We watch somemore Christmas movies, talk, have dessert and coffee into the night...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-27-2012), momnan30 (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

jinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry disposition
We don't want to wait long for kids either, xmastidings, so I hope this will be our only Christmas without a little one!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jinglebellrock512 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-27-2012), momnan30 (09-27-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Hey congratulations on your first Christmas as a married couple!
If you have plans for the later part of the day then why not just go with the flow on Christmas morning. It will be just the two of you so you can enjoy an extra special breakfast and enjoy opening your presents under the tree at a leisurely pace. Just enjoy your time as a couple and let the morning unfold.

Have fun and most of all enjoy it!
I highly recommend Festive Spirit's suggestion. This will be our 20th Christmas morning doing just that. It's a great way to start that special day.
Holiday (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by sublimesting View Post
Even though I am Santa now I get so excited for Santa, y'know.

YOUR SANTA!?!? Thats cool! How did you get the job? I think I have been good this year. So can I get that present I asked for in the letter I sent?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
As it's your first Christmas, maybe you should do something together for the first time, that you may not have done before it can be something small like open 1 Christmas present at Midnight, or have Christmas breakfast, then you can do this every year and then it becomes a tradition and can be carried on if/when you have children.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.