Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What will you be doing to celebrate the start of the Christmas Season?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,231
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,899 Times in 4,656 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
November 3....House decoratins go out...

November 10...Christmas Tree goes up and the Christmas music starts....

Ring in the season here on November 12th and take a day off November 13th.....Can't wait!!!!!

Have glove will travel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-17-2012), snowflake22 (03-21-2014)

Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Why those dates? I'm particularly curious about the November 12/13 choice of dates.

The others are weekends so I get that but Christmas rings in on November 12? hah hah.
snowflake22 (03-21-2014)
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,192 Times in 6,088 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by GingerMel View Post
Why those dates? I'm particularly curious about the November 12/13 choice of dates.

The others are weekends so I get that but Christmas rings in on November 12? hah hah.
ballcoach is referring to a tradition in the Countdown thread---the Countdown marks November 13 as "the start of the season." No particular reason for that date ... it's just a tradition. Some members visit the Countdown thread late on November 12 and count down the minutes until midnight in their posts to welcome in the season.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
ClaireLovesChristmas (10-18-2012), GingerMel (10-18-2012), snowflake22 (03-21-2014)
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,899 Times in 4,656 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
ballcoach is referring to a tradition in the Countdown thread---the Countdown marks November 13 as "the start of the season." No particular reason for that date ... it's just a tradition. Some members visit the Countdown thread late on November 12 and count down the minutes until midnight in their posts to welcome in the season.
Yea, a bunch of people (anybody is welcome) meet that night and will kickoff the Christmas season together as a group...it's really fun. This will be my fourth year to be there and it's always a blast...you should come join us!

Have glove will travel
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-18-2012), GingerMel (10-18-2012), MerryCarey (10-18-2012), snowflake22 (03-21-2014)
Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
1st December, I start buying other people's presents and present my Christmas list to family members.
12th December-All Christmas gifts for others planned to be brought and wrapped.
20th December-Christmas Tree & decorations go up.
24th December-Christmas Eve, maximum excitement, stocking filled by me
25th December-CHRISTMAS TIME! Presents, feasting, enjoying myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanity Clause For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-21-2014)
Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,112 Times in 415 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Sanity Clause View Post
1st December, I start buying other people's presents and present my Christmas list to family members.
12th December-All Christmas gifts for others planned to be brought and wrapped.
20th December-Christmas Tree & decorations go up.
24th December-Christmas Eve, maximum excitement, stocking filled by me
25th December-CHRISTMAS TIME! Presents, feasting, enjoying myself.
How come the decorations go up late,is it tradition?.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Yea, a bunch of people (anybody is welcome) meet that night and will kickoff the Christmas season together as a group...it's really fun. This will be my fourth year to be there and it's always a blast...you should come join us!
Thanks guys! As many years as I've been here and I never knew that they celebrated it on that day. Interesting.
snowflake22 (03-21-2014)
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
nothing special....just walking around like an idiot....grinning from one ear to the other ear
I am so so happy the time is coming closer

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-21-2014)
Old 10-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
These are all lovely gestures to welcome the season. It's my first year on this site so I am really looking forward to sharing the excitement with everyone.

I suppose my season will kick off properly the last weekend of november when I put up decorations - music will be played , movies will be watched and festive food will eaten!!!.

However as I am part of this site now and the official start of the season here is Nov 13 then perhaps I will listen to my first christmas song on that day......any excuse afterall!
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-21-2014)
Old 10-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,893 Times in 458 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
These are all lovely gestures to welcome the season. It's my first year on this site so I am really looking forward to sharing the excitement with everyone.
Oh, same with me. I'm looking forward to seeing the atmosphere in the forum in last weeks before Christmas. I suppose everyone will be going crazy then. ^^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-21-2014), sugar142286 (10-27-2012)