Pumpkin Bars (36 Bars)
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
A pinch of clove
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 ¾ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 13x10” pan.
3. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
4. Stir together in a bowl (the dry ingredients) the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed, a little at a time (I use a scooper) until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
6. Spread the batter into the greased 13x10” baking pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the sugar (a little at a time) and mix at low speed until combined. Mix in the vanilla. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars. ENJOY!!!