Well I tend to foucus mainly on the living room with fewer decorations in the other rooms but this year I want to add a bit more to other rooms. So I have bought the following so far with that in mind......
1. In the January sale I bought some house decorations like small santas and snowmen. I am super excited to pull them out because I can't really remember.
2. A tiny tinsel christmas tree. It was heavily reduced so I figured why not. I am sure it will come in handy for a window sill or kids' bedroom.
3. A snow blanket. I left it too late last year and then they were all sold out. So as soon as I saw them in the shop last week I grabbed one up!
4. An icicle banner made of felt for our front window. It should create a nice backdrop to the lights.
5. ''Olive the other Reindeer'' DVD to add to our christmas collection.
I think that's about it so far but I am sure there will be more to add as the days go by. I saw some lovely light up village houses the other day and I hope to get a couple of these soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Well the tree I was going to use outdoors, I gave to a family that lost everything. So, 1 six foot tree and ornaments to a family of four with presents... I'm hoping they will have a happy Christmas! I'm just staging everything for the 1st of November, so I can start decorating.
that was so kind of you to give the Christmas stuff to that family. that's what it's all about huh?
after Christmas last year my hubby bought us a new tree. i bought some large berry balls & a wreath for our front door. the 1 we had was so old the greenery was shedding from it.
i found a pretty nativity @ work this year. i have it on hold. i've gotta remember to get it this week.
my hubby also bought some net lights for the shrubs out front. we need quite a few more. we will have to see about that.
So far i bought nothing at all decorations wise which is a first for me,im holding out til early november before i start buying,things i need as follows
6 foot christmas tree for the porch which will need 200 led lights and baubles,
more led lights for the 8ft tree and some lights for the bedrooms,alot of santa and snowmen decorations for the living rooms and the 3 little windows in the stairway and this year the kitchen will be getting decorated for the first time as we have had a whole new kitchen fitted,also two 9 foot garlands for the stairway as the tinsel that ive used in the past has seen better days,im sure i will pick up a few other things also.
We bought a small little lantern ornament for our tree. It will remind us of our 'stay at home without staying at home' vacation this fall and represents our love of all things outdoors. I can't wait to see it hanging on our tree!