Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Holidays Year Round » Happy Guy Fawkes/Bonfire Night to all our UK members.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Holidays Year Round All other major holidays are discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,004
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Happy Guy Fawkes/Bonfire Night to all our UK members.

Happy Guy Fawkes/Bonfire Night to all UK members on here. If you could please tell us non-UK members some of the traditions of this Holiday.

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Thank you!!

Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Guy Fawkes Day, Bonfire Night and Firework Night, is an annual commemoration observed on 5 November, primarily in Great Britain. Its history begins with the events of 5 November 1605, when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords. Celebrating the fact that King James I had survived the attempt on his life, people lit bonfires around London, and months later the introduction of the Observance of 5th November Act enforced an annual public day of thanksgiving for the plot's failure.

This is just a short extract from Wikipidia so feel free to read the rest here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night if you want,

On Bonfire night people will sometimes gather at a planned bonfire which will sometimes include a fireworks display and a burning of an efiggy of Guy Fawkes (a homemade model of a man, like a scarecrow) .

People tend to set off fireworks at their homes too. My neighbours have been doing it all weekend so not sure what to expect for the big finale tonight hahahah!!!

We are having one of the traditional bonfire night dinners tonight - Chilli and then parkin cake for desert.

this isn't the best description and I am no expert , so I hope others will share and add their own ..........
Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,852 Times in 3,810 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy Guy Fawkes night....I hope it is a great night for all of y´all!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (11-06-2012)