Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » Movie-Halloween remake!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Spooks hover here! This merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, ESullivan

Old 08-08-2007, 06:04 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Movie-Halloween remake!!!

I am so excited, I just found out my all time favortie Halloween movie is being redone and is scheduled to come out August 31! Anyone else hear about this or want to watch?

Halloween
The night he came home

Rob Zombie will direct a remake of the John Carpenter classic, Halloween. This will NOT be a sequel, and it will be a complete "re-imagining" of the movie, similar to Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead. (Halloween was a 1977 film in which a patient in a mental hospital, Michael Myers, escapes the asylum and goes on a killing spree. He was pursued by Dr. Loomis, who was brilliantly portrayed by the late Donald Pleasance.) Dimension Films announced the remake the first weekend in June, 2006.

Rob Zombie will not only serve as director of the new Halloween, but he is also a producer and music supervisor. Halloween will be Zombie's third gig as director, after House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Andy Gould is one of the co-producers; Gould has worked with Zombie on his two previous movies. The new Halloween was originally slated for release in October 2007, but the release date has been moved up to August 31, 2007.
Zombie says that this will be a "new take" on the Halloween franchise, and he hopes that it will oblige fans of the original while offering something fresh to movie-goers. The film is planned to be both a prequel and a remake of the original. The story is set before the events of 1981's Halloween 2, and will focus on Myer's youth (before he was institutionalized) and how he develops into a serial killer.
Rob Zombie had this to say about John Carpenter in an interview with Variety:
"The original 'Halloween' is hallowed ground to me, and I talked to him about it and he was very supportive of what I wanted to do," Zombie said. "He said, 'Go for it, Rob. Make it your own.' And that's exactly what I intend to do. Over 25 years and a lot of movies, a very scary character became something of a Halloween cliché, with Michael Myers dolls that play the Halloween music when you press their stomachs. By the end of the sequel cycle, there was little connection to the original. I take that film very seriously, and I want to make it terrifying again."

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}

Old 08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
yes ive been keepin an eye on this, cause im a big fan of rob zombie. It looks like itll be good from the preview & tyler mane looks like a good michael myers
Old 08-08-2007, 06:46 PM

Last Achievements

JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I wonder if its in DVD or theaters?

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-08-2007, 06:52 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
oh its definitely in theatres
hold on a sec........try this

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/756131...movie_trailer/
Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 PM

Last Achievements

Im dial-up so it would take 3 months to load that

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 PM

Last Achievements

nuts, well its a preview & it says in theaters aug 31
Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 PM

Last Achievements

Ok thank you

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm not sure of it 'cause I was not a big fan of Rob Zombies other movie ventures
Old 08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I saw the previews of it and think it looks like it will be pretty good. The new Michael Myers looks very creepy. I am sure I will see it.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:02 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,674 Times in 564 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I have to wait for horror movies to come out on DVD cause most theatre owners won't let me bring my blankie into the theatre with me...