Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Darlene Love to Release New Christmas CD

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,466
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What will I get for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
0 Posts
Who Put the X in...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:36 PM
43,722 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts
"Love Is Best" by Kate...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 01:08 PM
58,462 Views  0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2012
By MMC Editor
10-09-2012 10:26 AM
Last post by lanoraloveselfs
11-26-2012 02:54 PM
93,314 Views  1 Posts

Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 PM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,493 Times in 1,028 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Darlene Love to Release New Christmas CD

Darlene Love has made her first Christmas album and she had a rule: no oldies. Love will release “It’s Christmas, Of Course,” on October 2. Even though her version of “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” from the 1963 Phil Spector “Christmas Gift to You” album is a holiday standard, Love wanted to stick [...]

More from Merry Christmas Radio...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:41 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Never heard of her.. But if its Christmas music Im sure it will be great

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-09-2007, 10:06 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Sure you know Darlene Love...you just didn't know you knew her:

Darlene Love's thunderbolt voice is as embedded in the history of Rock-and-Roll as Eric Clapton's guitar or Bob Dylan's lyrics." *New York Times. The press has also said "Darlene Love and Tina Turner are two of the hardest-working women in show business." Loved and respected by her peers: "Darlene is one of the most talented artists I've ever known." *Cher. "Darlene Love remains, even after all these years, one of the greatest voices in all of pop music. The thrill of listening to her live has not diminished one iota, and whenever I get the chance to hear her work, I run! A great interpreter, flawless intonation, she is as musical as it gets. I love, Love!" *Bette Midler. "When it comes to Darlene Love, I'm as much a fan as I am a peer." *Luther Vandross. "As a performer, Darlene was, and is, one of the best kept secrets in the history of the music industry. And, as a person, Darlene is one of the most tenacious individuals I've ever known. Even though she has lost a few rounds in life, she won the fight!" *Sonny Bono.

From her first number one recording,"He's A Rebel", through her string of label hits with legendary producer Phil Spector,including "Da Doo Ron Ron", "He's Sure The Boy I'm Gonna Marry", and "Christmas Baby Please Come Home" to the countless songs she sang backup on for artists like Sam Cooke, Elvis Presley, Dionne Warwick, Cher and Aretha Franklin, Darlene Love is still blazing a trail of success in the music industry and has been nominated to the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame. Her latest albums are AGE OF MIRACLES,recorded live in New York City and her first gospel album,UNCONDITIONAL LOVE released by Harmony records.Over the course of her career Darlene has been hailed as the greatest singer in pop music. She has proven herself a talented actress as well, on stage and screen, starring as Danny Glover's wife in all of the LETHAL WEAPON films and lighting-up Broadway in such musicals as GREASE and the Tony-award nominated LEADER OF THE PACK.

Darlene Love was just a high school sophomore in Los Angeles when she was discovered out of a gospel choir, and asked to join a burgeoning girl group called The Blossoms, who began recording for Phil Spector. Soon thereafter, other artists like Sam Cooke were attracted to her powerful sound, and sought Darlene on their recordings. With The Blossoms and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans, Darlene sang lead vocals on some of the greatest music hits of the 60's. The Blossoms landed a weekly spot on the landmark television series SHINDIG, and through the 60's and 70's, Darlene continued to perform with and back-up such diverse artists as The Beach Boys, The Mamas & The Papas, Tom Jones, The Righteous Brothers and Sonny & Cher. Darlene then put background singing to the side in order to pursue a solo career and when she did, even greater things began to happen. She has received great national press exposure, including a feature in PEOPLE magazine, a CNN television documentary on her life, and bookings on numerous national television programs, including TODAY, Rosie O'Donnell, Maury Povich, Politically Incorrect, Donny & Marie and the Oprah Winfrey show.