Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Defending my Christmas Enthusiasm.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Being a Merry Mom
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:33 PM
48,637 Views  0 Posts
The Mythical Beginnings...
By MMC Editor
07-17-2011 12:19 PM
0 Posts
How does Santa live for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:59 PM
51,687 Views  0 Posts
Celebrating Christmas in...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:03 PM
46,752 Views  0 Posts
stocking Santa Smoking: Why is...
By Jeff Westover
10-11-2012 08:10 AM
Last post by HollyJolly
09-02-2013 08:30 AM
42,293 Views  6 Posts

Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

rosie0478 has shown a merry disposition
santahat Your accent.

Shellie,
Thank you. I have to tell you,,I love your accent, It comes out even in your writing. I am Canadian and I live in the States now. They all say I have n accent, but I haven't seen anyone write their accent since my mum used to write me letters.
I appreciate your reply.
Merry Christmas
Trudy http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/im...milies/129.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to rosie0478 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-10-2014)
Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,727 Times in 1,305 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post
Never defend or apolgize for the good things in life... try asking the naysayers what their favorite hobby (or passion) is... let's say it's, oh, I don't know, let's say "stamp collecting"... ask them (nicely) to explain what it is they love about it and/or why they love it. Listen quietly as they go on and on about it... then, at the end, just smile and say "Christmas is MY stamp collecting". That should stop 'em...
I Love Love Love this George Broderick!!!! ♥
Old 11-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,555 Times in 3,707 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
On another discussion thread here at MMC, I called these Christmas buzz-kills "Tinsel Terrorists"... seems an apt name, don'tcha think..?
JOHNOR (11-06-2012), merrymistletoe (11-05-2012), snowflake22 (01-10-2014), Solice (11-07-2012), Spyells (11-20-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,454 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Indeed George!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
tinsel terrorists?!!! hahahahaha!!! how apt!

rosie, don't mention christmas to your daughter in law for a while now. if it gets on her nerves then leave her to it, some people just don't get it. i'm sure she and your son will attend you christmas party, but are just probably more last minute about things?

you don't have to defend anything, we all understand. the world needs more people like us, who are full of christmas spirit and understand the true meaning of it.

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-10-2014), Solice (11-07-2012), Spyells (11-20-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
This sounds like my husband. He doesn't understand why I go all out for Christmas or for my son's birthday. He doesn't understand that I feel the need to make great memories for my son- memories I never had.

We fight every year about it, but he knows its a losing battle. I say stay firm to your beliefs- bringing Christmas cheer is needed in this world. Enjoy your Christmas party, decorations, scented candles, holiday music, and any thing else that brings you in the Christmas spirit. If they chose not to participate or become "ba-humbuggers" then that is their choice.

I applaud your efforts to enjoy your Christmas time, family is family and you will love them always, but you do not NEED them to help spread Christmas cheer. Last year I volunteered at a local children's hospital and it was great! Maybe this is something else you can add to your list.

Thanks for continuing to make the season brighter!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neotericisis For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-10-2014), Solice (11-10-2012), Spyells (11-20-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
If every day was like Christmas, what a wonderful world this would be!

I have an aunt who proudly changed her radio alarm clock from her usual station to another on November 1 because she knows that station is one of the local 24/7 Christmas stations. They didn't change format until Tuesday, but she knew it was coming. No Christmas for her until after Thanksgiving!
I told her she's ridiculous.

My wife wants to get a real tree this year, partly because the farm is owned by her boss's family, and partly because the tree can't be up as long a I like to leave up the artificial.

My advice is to keep showing your love of Christmas. Don't let them keep you down, and know you've got allies here in the forums.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
I agree dont change yourself for someone else. I put my decorations up when I want by myself and if someone doesnt like it thats not my problem. I started putting up my lights for my patio last weekend. That way it wont be quite so cold when I do it. I dont have them lit yet but they are there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-10-2014), Solice (11-10-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Rennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elf
My love for Christmas stems back to my mom when I was little. The only decorating we did was our tree but how and when we got our tree was a big thing. We never had much under the tree but she made sure there was lots of love. These memories have lasted all through my childhood and carried on through my children and grand children's. They all get after me cause I play my Christmas music and watch Christmas movies year around but it is all in fun as they know me and my love for Christmas. I want them all to remember how special it is to have family around all the time but esp at Christmas and the holidays. To know me is to love me the way I am or I wouldn't be who I am. Don't try to change me and I won't try to change you.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,727 Times in 1,305 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by redkaga View Post
If every day was like Christmas, what a wonderful world this would be!
Oh yes!