Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Does anyone else...

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,103 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,321 Views  7 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,454 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,227 Views  1 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2012
By MMC Editor
10-09-2012 10:26 AM
Last post by lanoraloveselfs
11-26-2012 02:54 PM
93,326 Views  1 Posts

Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Does anyone else...

Have to share their child and grandchildren at Christmas time and it drive them crazy. Dont get me wrong I understand she has her own family now. But since my grandchildren are two years apart and they rotate holidays. If we get thanksgiving they get christmas and vice versa next year. It means I miss first Christmas Morning for both of my grandsons as this year they will be in Tennesse. I dont begrudge my son in laws family time with my grandsons as I know how very much I love and adore those little guys but both of their first christmases will have been in Tennesse and I am in Texas.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (11-16-2012), Solice (11-10-2012), Spyells (11-20-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Well,I don't have any family here in Louisiana,all mine are in Mass. and I can tell ya it bothers my mum alot.She came for Christmas when I had my first child.I don't go home for either holiday,I wish I could.My sister & mum always come for Thanksgiving.this year I'll just have my sister. Maybe one year you could go with them? Maybe talk it over with both of them and that way the boys will have both Nana's/Papa's there? I feel for ya.oxox

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
Solice (11-10-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Bells

I truly understand your feelings. It's very hard and it's natural to have these feelings. My daughter use to rotate Christmas Eve dinner between her in-laws and me but I seen them first on Christmas Day, weather permitting of course. I don't want my grandchildren out on the icy roads to come to my house.

The main focus is the grandchildren, so when they do come to either grandma's, they experience a joyful, happy grandma and a wonderful Christmas atmosphere.

My other daughter lived 2 hrs. away so we didn't see her children until after Christmas Day. She's in my area now, so we get to see them.

My son still lives 2 hrs away from us, so we never get to see his little boy on Christmas (parents are divorced and she feels he should always spend Christmas Day with her, which is not fair to my son.

But I try to focus on who is with me on Christmas Day, not those who are not with me. I hope you find peace about your situation. (((hugs))
Old 11-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
so, you mean you get thanksgiving and your daughter's inlaws get christmas, then vice versa the year after?

i think it's natural to feel the way you do, most mums/grandmothers probably feel the same. just remember, it's all about those beautiful kids, that they get to enjoy christmas and it's your job as grandmother to make sure you create amazing memories that they will grow up to cherish. be sure to go all out the year you have the for christmas.

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Solice (11-10-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
I think the main reason I am upset is I missed Jonah's first Christmas morning because they were in Tennesse. And now I will miss Noah's first Christmas morning because they will be in Tennesse. Oh well life goes on. I just love those little guys so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
Solice (11-10-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,618 Times in 579 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
My mother feels as you do. I remind her that all her children & grandchildren live within 30 minutes of her, so we can see each other anytime we want. We are blessed that way.

When I married, we decided to do every other Thanksgiving with each family. We still had Christmas Eve with my grandparents, then Christmas Day with DH's family, meaning I missed Christmas lunch at my grandmother's house. I felt guilty, even though I had just been there the night before. I didn't like how Thanksgiving was working out either.

My mom was still trying to do our "kids" Christmas with our immediate family in addition to all the other places we needed to go, trying the following:

1. Having it at my grandmother's on Christmas Eve. This took too long & made us run late to see my other grandparents.
2. Early morning. This was okay, but messed with MIL's usual time, so we did that one in the afternoon that year.
3. Having it on December 23. Sister said it wasn't like Christmas...

Over the years grandparents have passed away, in-laws added to family, & grandchildren born. We have finally settled into a schedule that works for everyone, ( breakfast with DH's family & dinner with my family) & my little family now has Christmas Eve all to its self!!

We only have one child & I plan to make it as easy as I can on her during the holidays. Please come see me sometime between Thanksgiving & New Years Day if you can!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (11-15-2012), Solice (11-10-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Rennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elf
When my children were small, we started having the holidays at home and inviting both sides of the family to our home as it was easier that way with our little ones. Now that they are older and have families of their own we have them every other Thanksgiving and part of them every Christmas Eve and every other Christmas. Our oldest is here on Christmas eve but spend Christmas at his in laws. That is a bit hard to take but I guess it works. I wish we all could just rent the grange or something like that and have it all together it would be so nice as we all get along together nicely.
Solice (11-10-2012), trackrebel (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,796 Times in 1,317 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by justme324 View Post
I think the main reason I am upset is I missed Jonah's first Christmas morning because they were in Tennesse. And now I will miss Noah's first Christmas morning because they will be in Tennesse. Oh well life goes on. I just love those little guys so much.
Your grandkids are so lucky having a grandma like you!
I wish there were more like you!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Your grandkids are so lucky having a grandma like you!
I wish there were more like you!
There is nothing on this earth that I love more than those boys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justme324 For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (11-16-2012), Rennabelle (11-23-2012)