Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Christmas and Home vs Christmas away?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,082
Threads: 53,866
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, freepsychic212

Old 08-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Andrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by ilovesilentnight View Post
Oh gosh i love it when it's cold on christmas. I would have it no other way. I hate kansas weather. Sometimes it's mild on are christmas's. Last year it was 39 for a high which i was happy about. Wish it was colder. And we had just missed a white christmas about 20 miles away from us. But the year before it was like 60 degrees on christmas day. I was miserable that whole day because of the mild weather.
Oh, I completely agree. Warm Christmas's just don't work for me. I'm saying that I just don't like to go out on Christmas, and the cold doesn't help that sentiment. I still do it anyways, and there are times I love the cold.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
[quote=Merry Sage;37799]Are you in the Midlands by any chance? Going to the pub for Christmas seems to be the done thing in this part of the country. I have friends elsewhere in England who say they've never heard of such a thing. Where I'm from, the taverns aren't open the 25th/26th.

i am in liverpool, it is a tradition here, everyone goes to the pub on christmas day! there are quite alot of other cities in england that do the same (but not all cities) i love it, it is like a big community reunion! i completely agree with you about christmas not being a one day thing, it is a season to be enjoyed, not rushed!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
I want to say "home" because that's my nest, and always a great place for Christmas. However, the family prefers to gather at Mom and Dad's place, so that's where I go. No fun spending Christmas alone no matter now nice the digs are.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Home. We used to go visiting but when we had our daughter we decided no more. We did not like the idea of taking our kids out of the house on Christmas. Everyone comes to our house for either Christmas breakfest or Christmas dinner.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
holly

It appears most people prefer to stay home. But their are mix reviews regarding staying home vs visiting family and friends. I quess the more people chime in the more different views we will see.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
We live in the Orlando, Florida area, so......it's usually warm on Christmas. Since I've never had a white Christmas, it's normal for me.

We do both. We stay in Christmas morning with the kids until about Noon. Then we pack up and go to my parent's house. We spend a few hours there and then head on to my in-laws house.

There have been Christmases where it's been "Florida" cold (around 60) and many in the mid-70's and low 80's.

It's still my MOST favorite holiday of ALL!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
It depends if it's snowing or not. If it's snowing then we will stay home and enjoy but if it's not then we go and visit.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
I would never leave home during Christmas if we could get just a little snow!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
With my spouse not being a social person, we usually stay home and spend time with the next door neighbors grandkids. They get some cool presents that the older boys (grandfather, father and my husband) need to make sure that the present is safe for the little ones. Lots of good food and company, snow or not.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

LittleMissLaura has shown a merry dispositionLittleMissLaura has shown a merry disposition
Our entire family goes to my parents. But they live really near, so i think of it as "christmas at home"