Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » What think ye of Macy's New Ad? Should Trump Go?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,013
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,849)
Welcome to our newest member, jkbb0414

Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,024 Times in 175 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
I haven't seen the commercial....I'm one that was less than thrilled with Trump's twitter call for a revolution or marching on Washington because the candidate he backed lost, but I really don't see his appearance in a commercial to be much of a big deal, to be honest. In some ways it's bad timing, but I'm sure it was shot way before the election.

To tell the truth, I'm indebted to Mr. Trump for answering a lifelong Christmas question for me--I've always wondered how Mr. Potter reacted when he found out that George Bailey _wasn't_ going to jail, and thanks to the Donald's tweets, I think I have a very good idea now

Last edited by Anne_Langston; 11-14-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: content
The Following User Says Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)

Old 11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
Trump has certainly shown that he's vile in his political actions, regardless of his views, but let the consumers vote with their wallets whether a relationship between Trump and Macy's matters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (11-14-2012), snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,700 Times in 1,480 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
I would have liked it better without the grumpy old Trump..
Old 11-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I am not a Trump fan, however I feel like he is able to make fun of himself. I didn't mind him in the commercial.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I like the ad, very creative. And I like Donald Trump. I guess it's ok if Cher makes millions of dollars running around half dressed but a man with an eye for business is not allowed to make money.

Still my favorite Christmas commercial is Sears with the father and little boy at the mall. That little boy is so cute.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I guess it's ok if Cher makes millions of dollars running around half dressed but a man with an eye for business is not allowed to make money.

I'm not a Cher fan, but I don't think the issue is Trump's ability to make money. If I understand what's going on, several groups want consumers to boycott Macy's for their continued association with Trump. The charge is that Trump, rather than just being a blowhard, is racist and has shown a lack of respect for the office of President with his involvement in the birther movement and his recent call for Obama to release his academic records.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014), Spyells (11-15-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,468 Times in 4,675 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It's getting a little political in here. Not everyone has the same opinions, y'all.

I'd rather talk about the commercial, which I thought was "ok", but not as good as this John Lewis commercial.

caninemom3 (11-19-2012), snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,153 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I thought it was cute!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
It's getting a little political in here. Not everyone has the same opinions, y'all.

I'd rather talk about the commercial, which I thought was "ok", but not as good as this John Lewis commercial.

Amen, Bradmac. I totally agree.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
This commercial is actually kind of cute- Trump was at least being himself.

How do you all feel about Macy's Hurricane Sandy Relief Savings Pass? I think it is in very poor taste, and as someone who was out of power for over a week and has a brother who lost 1/2 his house it downright ****es me off.

There is a copy of it here (along with some other ads): http://www.breakingcopy.com/sandy-ads/