Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Tree is up early this year

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,652)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Christmas Tree Tree is up early this year

My tree went up a little early this year. My grandson, who I never see for Christmas is coming for Thanksgiving so I wanted it up for him to see the tree, he's 8 yrs. old.

Also, it is a new tree bought after Christmas at an amazing price and I was anxious to see it up. The easiest pre-lit tree ever to assemble. I didn't have to go around the trunk and make sure all the plugs were in. I just put the trunk together and wow, the lights came on. Oh the joy of a tree that lights up the first time and sooooooooooo easy. Also, a nice study tree stand came with it.

So now I'm off to find a tree topper. I did the tree in red and white but my angel topper is gold and it just doesn't look right. I had a nice star that I really liked but it broke last year when my basement tree fell after it was totally decorated and the stupid plastic tree stand broke. I don't have many options for shopping, it's either Walmart or Big Lots and it is still a 25 minute drive. At least the weather is nice, sunny and mild and no signs of snow. I'm a happy person.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That sounds awesome! Glad you got it up in time.

I am also looking for a good tree topper.
joyful (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
that's so lovely, your grandson will be so excited!! goodluck finding a tree topper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
Sounds awesome! I have always used a gold bell as a tree topper, but I am considering getting an angel this year- well see! Good luck on your tree topper search! Post a pic of your tree- I would love to see if- it sounds very patriotic!
The Following User Says Thank You to Neotericisis For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Finding a tree topper has proven not to be an easy task. But my sweet hubby took time during his lunch break and shopped around and brought home a pretty white angel. She's up and she will do. The first angel he brought home from work looked yellow even though it was white, so he had to return it.
This angel he bought at a different store, so I'm glad it looks ok.

Also grandson and son arrived today and he's happy to see the tree up. I also put a tree in my bedroom. a wall tree in the bathroom, a wall tree in my dining area and a small white tree in the corner by my kitchen sink. Not done putting up trees.