Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » It isn't Christmas without...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 11-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Saxomaphone is a new face around here!
It isn't Christmas without...

Tinsel for me. I LOVE Tinsel. It has a unique smell which I love. I have SO MUCH Tinsel, it's crazy!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:05 PM

HolliDee is a new face around here!
For me, it just isn't Christmas without hearing White Christmas by Bing Crosby as well as all the wonderful old music I grew up with at Christmastime! That along with the smell of freshly peeled oranges for some reason. LOL
Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 AM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I know what you mean about the oranges, Hollidee. On the last day of school before Christmas, our school bus driver would give us a candy cane and an orange. In PA we didn't have the big oranges too often, so I guess he got them from the south somewhere. They were huge! I have experienced Christmas under so many circumstances, I really can't say it wouldn't be Christmas without such-n-such. I've done without a tree, without gifts, without family (while stationed overseas), even without eggnog! I suppose I could say it wouldn't be Christmas without hope. Sounds corny, I know.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:28 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
It would not be Christmas without being with part of my family. One year, I could not get anyone to work for me over the Christmas holidays (I was living out of town) so I quit work - and moved back home - I got a job shortly after the holidays - moved into my own place before Easter. I just wasn't ready to be away from my family at Christmas. I am very traditional that way. For the first two years, I was with my husband, I slept over at my parents on Christmas Eve - I even had to share a bed with one of my brothers and the other one slept on the sofa. My husband (then boyfriend) came over later that day.

The first year, I was away from my parents, I spent Christmas with my sons and grandchildren (and my husband) so it was not as difficult as it would have been if I had celebrated it on my own. I hope I never have to experience that - how lonely it must be.

. . . And this was the first year that Santa forgot to put Christmas oranges (Clementine's) in my stocking - I was disappointed because I know I had been good all year and certainly deserved one or two - quite possibly a crate of those sweet tiny oranges.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:17 PM

peavey has shown a merry disposition
It wouldn't be Christmas to me without the lights. Lights on my tree, lights on other people's trees, lights on houses and on the city lampposts. It's a sight to behold when it's snowing like crazy and the lights are glowing through it all.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
I share Hollidee's love for the traditional Christmas music. I love the music the smells all the neighbors houses lit up and decorated. There are some people who really go all out here. I think they over compensate for the lack of snow. I live away from my mom and my sister and that has been the hardest part to get over every year for Christmas. This year we used webcams and watched each other open presents. My father is here but I really miss my mom and sister because they are more festive. Although this year my dad did buy lights for his apartment window and he even talked about getting a tree. That's a spirit he hasn't had in years so I think I'm having a positive affect on him.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
Oh what is with the oranges. I never heard of oranges for Christmas. I am originally from PA.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
I guess I have to say it wouldn't be Christmas without a Christmas tree! Of course, the Christmas music is all part of it but we must have at least one Christmas tree in our house..we usually have a couple, one on the lanai and one inside. Since I live in the tropics, I keep it snowing all year long on my desk top because this is the only snow I will see.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Twinnkle.

You crack me up. It is snowing on my desktop as well. I also live in the tropics. I live right where Hurricane Charlie hit but fortunately my apartment complex did not suffer much damage. My poor dad I talked him into moving here. I told him we don't get hurricanes on the west coast. A few days after he moved here we got hit by Charlie.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:22 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

skiparooney is a new face around here!
for me its watching the skipttes in their chrissy play, an hearing (8) silent night (8), (8) away in a manger(8), the tinsel, the fairy lights, the mince pies steaming in the oven, the baubles, the smell of the christmas crackers watching a movie on teh tv with all the family around whilst munching on a humungus tin of chocs, oh yeah and last but not least ............... the thought on christmas eve that Hes on his way !!!!