Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » My daughter had her surgery.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123

Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
My daughter had her surgery.

Yesterday my daughter had her surgery on her mouth. Everything went well. She was in a lot of pain last night, but the pain medicine helped. She has a genetic disorder where the gum on her lower teeth only had one layer. When she got her braces and the teeth started moving, it split her gumline because it was so thin. She had no gum covering her lower front teeth. Her roots were exposed. This could cause her to lose her teeth or worse. Bacteria could easily get into her blood and cause serious health problems. They took the skin off the roof of her mouth and are trying to graft it on the lower gumline to create her a gum. This was the first of several surgeries she will have to have. Her stitches come out in two weeks. She can't eat much, but right now she really doesn't want to eat. She is being a trooper though. She is 14 years old and can't talk very well right now so no phone. I think she hates that most of all. LOL. There's nothing wrong with her hands though, so she can still use the computer to chat with her friends. Things are not hopeless. LOL! I would appreciate it if you all would continue to pray for her and her upcoming surgeries. She will be missing a lot of school, but her health is more important to me. Thank you guys for everything!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Jack Frost

My daughter also had to have surgery at a young age, she was 9 at the time. It was dental surgery and she had to have work done on many of her teeth, they had to put her under because she was so freaked out by the process. It was like torture as they wheeled her away from us, I have sympathy for what you're going through now. My daughter will need more work done in the future as her teeth will grow in wrong, and in someparts not at all, without surgery.

My family's prayers are with you. It will pass soon enough with patience, love, and faith. God Bless!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
My thoughts are with you and your daughter.. I think it hurts more for the parents than it really does the child. I know if we could take their pain we would, just so they would be the happy child we know and love. I'll be sending positive energy your way and I hope all goes well for you and her in the upcoming surgeries. Good luck and heal well.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I hope she has a speedy recovery! I too have a 14 year old daughter

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

reformedscrooge has shown a merry disposition
I too will hope and pray for a speedy recovery!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,889 Times in 3,895 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Me too! I hope she has a speedy recovery & she gets these surgeries behind her as quick as possible & she can move on & get back to talking on the phone!!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
I'm sending all my well wishes your way
Old 08-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
present

I pray for a speedy recovery for your daughter.

Last edited by Chillywilly; 08-25-2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Invalid Email

pattyjo has shown a merry disposition
stocking

My prayers are with your daughter, must be such an ordeal for her to go through, I too have a 14 year old daughter as well and for her not to speak on the phone would be a tragedy, so hears to speedy recovery
Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm sure everything will be alright.