Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Santa Clausologist

Cedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elf
Laura, first off..THANKS!! I'm packing my bag as we speak, to visit Finland!! Those pics are fabulous! "House Beautiful" photo material (a magazine here in the states). I like the simple beauty...more is not more!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by pattyjo View Post
Thanks for sharing that with us LittleMissLaura, I love the Picture, really gorgeous, It's amazing how different you celebrate Christmas from the way I do, as I Celebrate in summer , because I live in Australia , so it's different again to others as well

Can you tell us what Christmas is like in Australia?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 AM
Invalid Email

pattyjo has shown a merry disposition
candle

Well where do I start, on Christmas eve I usually do a lot of cooking, like chickens , roast pork, potato salads pasta sald, coleslaw etc,, puddings, and then we usually go to a friends place that night for a BBQ and drinks and then head back home looking at christmas lights that wev'e seen a thousand times before and the hit the sack(bed). Christmas day we get up really early because we have 5 kids ages ranging from 7, 10. 12, 14, 15, we open presents and then we usaully go to my mums place and lunch with the rest of my family, and after lunch we then go to the beach and play cricket or football and then we usually just flake for the rest of the afternoon , and for dinner it's usually left over meats and salads etc. And then my family and I head back home and watch the christmas sprcials on TV. This year will be different as we are moving about 1800klms away from most of my family, but at least I will have my hubby and kids and also my brother there, and my in-laws are 3 hours south of us , so they will probably travel up and celebrate with us , I hope...
Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

haagarr has shown a merry dispositionhaagarr has shown a merry disposition
That is really pretty I will take picture of my tree and post them
Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat Christmas in Finland

LittleMissLaura, I think your family's tradition sounds wonderful and the pictures are great--they really look like Christmas. Thanks for sharing. Is the Santa Claus park where Santa's Office is located? I visit their web page regularly it looks very cool.
http://www.santaclauslive.com/
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

LittleMissLaura has shown a merry dispositionLittleMissLaura has shown a merry disposition
^^ yeah i think that's it i wanna gooo!