Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Nativity Scenes

Do you use them, or some aspect of the Christ Child, as part of your decorating? My mum used to have a beautiful ceramic set she made years ago. Unfortunately, it seemed to disappear after she died.

I've been looking for a nice set to use, but so far, no luck. I know someone who knitted her own set! Its lovely. Shame I'm a craft numpty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knittednativity.jpg (17.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-01-2007, 05:33 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
wow i love that.
I have a couple nativity's my self
Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

e_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elf
I have 3 traditional nativities (ie Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, Wisemen, Shephards, etc) that I set up and 1 with Santa kneeling to baby Jesus with animals and a manger. The traditional ones I have go like this, 1 is clear glass on a little mirror, 1 came from Sam's Club that is my wife's favorite and 1 is a blow mold, life size set that I set up outside. I'll try to find my pictures of them and post them here.

Sean
Old 06-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I had a Precious Moments Nativity that I loved, but several pieces were accidentally broken last year. I have to find me a new one this year. I also have a snowglobe of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus that my husband bought me for our first Christmas together. I keep it out year-round on the mantle above the fireplace. I, too, have a Santa kneeling before baby Jesus in a manger. And I have a manger scene made out of construction paper that my oldest daughter made in Kindergarten.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love snowglobes! Another item that is so hard to find in good quality.

But I recently found this site, so I'm hopeful I can buy a few nice pieces. Mrs Christmas UK I love the Fairies!

Last edited by Merry Sage; 06-04-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
I have a plaster figure set for inside that my grandmother gave to my parents when they were first married. It's the set I remember setting up each year as I was growing up.
I also have a lighted blowmold nativity as part of my outdoor decorations, and this year, I hope to do something with animated lights and tomato cages that will look like mini trees doing a children's Christmas pageant. I hope it works out.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Scot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry disposition
Martha,
FONTANINI!! (ihope i spelled it right)
it is one of the bes quality nativity collections you will find ANYWHERE!
you can get it and just about any christmas store in the US.
Bronner's (www.bronners.com) has a great selection and you can order on line. but they are pricey.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Scot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry disposition
Merry sage.
COSTCO has the best snowglobes for the holidays. and the San Fransisco Music Box CO is pretty cool too
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Scot Meyers View Post
Martha,
FONTANINI!! (ihope i spelled it right)
it is one of the bes quality nativity collections you will find ANYWHERE!
you can get it and just about any christmas store in the US.
Bronner's (www.bronners.com) has a great selection and you can order on line. but they are pricey.

I love those! They are very nice and if I buy a new set, that's the one I'll get. Did you know they make large OUTDOOR displays, too! Now THOSE are pricey!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
I have two that I use each year. One is a molded resin type with a straw and stone crèche. The other is a set of Hallmark ornaments that are around 6-8 inches tall and are very detailed.