Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Turkey or Ham? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,866)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
We have turkey and ham, depending on where we are. We have dinner both days at different places.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,662 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We only have turkey on Thanksgiving too - that's enough for me - I'm not a big turkey fan, but I do like it for Thanksgiving. For Christmas Eve we have Smokehouse Spaghetti at my parents house!! YUMMY! For Christmas Day we normally have ham at my in laws - now that I'm thinking about it - she might have turkey too once in awhile - but I can't remember for sure??? I eat the ham. Now I am hungry!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

scooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
Turkey on Christmas Day. Turkey is not just for Thanksgiving I can eat turkey any day of the year.

I don't know if i could handel it a month apart! we have it for about a week after turkey day! LOL

I do like turkey and bake a couple of them a year.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
holly

We have Christmas Lunch, it's a whole load of Meats both hot and Cold, Seafood, Salads, Veggies everything! (I want tacos this year too) and after the first meal we have a sort of midday dessert, with a load of pudding, cake, pavalova, Ice-creams, it's delicious, one of my fave parts of the season!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
HOLIDAY: what is smoke house spaghetti? it sounds delicious!

i have turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings on boxing day at the carvery with all my mum and all her side of the family, christmas day is spent with my dad and his side of the family at a chinese restaurant!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,662 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
HOLIDAY: what is smoke house spaghetti? it sounds delicious!
SMOKEHOUSE SPAGHETTI

½ LB. SPAGHETTI NOODLES (COOKED & DRAINED)
1 LB. BACON (FRIED & CRUMBLED)
2 ONIONS, CHOPPED
3 LB. HAMBURGER-BROWNED
3 – 8 OZ. CANS TOMATO SAUCE
1 PINT SPAGHETTI SAUCE (we use more - to taste - usually at least a quart)
½ TSP. OREGANO
½ TSP. GARLIC SALT
3 – 4 OZ. CANS MUSHROOMS W/ JUICE
½ LB. MOZZARELLA CHEESE - GRATED
½ LB. CHEDDAR CHEESE – GRATED
FRY TOGETHER BACON, HAMBURGER, & ONIONS. STIR IN TOMATO & SPAGHETTI SAUCE. ADD SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE. ADD OREGANO, GARLIC SALT, & MUSHROOMS. POUR ½ OF MIXTURE INTO GREASED BAKING DISH (we use a roasting pan) TOP WITH ½ OF CHEESE, AddThe Rest Of The Mixture & Top With the rest of the cheese . Bake at 375º for 25-35 min. Uncovered.
* We normally cut back on the Hamburger, double the recipe & it feeds over 30 people
Old 09-29-2007, 08:37 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Turkey - turkey - turkey!

I usually get it three times a year. For Thanksgiving, Christmas and Christmas in July. I try for Easter, but everyone else always wants ham. I'm not fond of ham so I'll take a bit and enjoy the vegy dishes instead.

Thanksgiving and Christmas has always been turkey. On Boxing Day or for New Year's we usually have ham.

My cousin used to visit here from London and she and her husband had to "make the rounds" and she wound up with four turkey dinners in three days.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 PM

Montana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Eve will be MacDonalds and Christmas Day will be whatever special is on at the truckstop on my way home to Montana from California
Old 09-29-2007, 09:59 PM

Montana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry disposition
Thanksgiving is the restaurant closest to my hotel
Old 09-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

The Littlest Angel has shown a merry disposition
We used to have roast beef and Yorkshire pudding on Christmas Day. Now we just have a simple buffet of finger foods: lil smokies, raw veggies and dip, etc.