Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Turkey or Ham? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,858
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,290)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 09-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

The Littlest Angel has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
SMOKEHOUSE SPAGHETTI

LB. SPAGHETTI NOODLES (COOKED & DRAINED)
1 LB. BACON (FRIED & CRUMBLED)
2 ONIONS, CHOPPED...
Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Old 10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, parsnips, brussels sprouts and Christmas pudding on Christmas Day.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
On Christmas Eve we go to the in-laws where my mother-in-law serves tons of hors dourves and appetizers for their Christmas Eve open house. Marinated meatballs that are absolutely out of this world, little sausage bits in sauces, mini quiches, breaded veggie bites, chips & dip, veggies & dip, a seafood platter, chicken balls, etc. She usually makes a lasagna as well for the main dinner but I don't think anyone ever actually eats the main meal because we're all always way too stuffed from eating the hors dourves.

On Christmas Day we go to my family where it's the traditional family fare (for my family at least):

Turkey (I LOVE turkey!)
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Candied Yams
Baked Beans
Escalloped Corn
green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
Burn and Serve rolls
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I usually get together with my 5 brothers and their families, as well as my sister. We usually draw names, exchange gifts etc.. Some Christmas Eves. we do "traditional" dinners (which I prefer) other times we make it simple by having appetizers. I actually love turkey for Christmas dinner, along with my famous sage dressing, taters and gravy, cranberrie, my famous broccoli and cheese dish, rolls and desserts. I do recall one yr. thou I did make a prime rib but now I save that for the New Year.
* I'm getting hungry here*
Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
We have a family party on Christmas Eve with turkey and ham, we have a large buffet. Approx. 25-30 people usually come. We have leftovers on Christmas day....Yum, I am so in the mood for that right now!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

AL_Storm_Chaser has shown a merry dispositionAL_Storm_Chaser has shown a merry disposition
I am so hungry after reading this thread...

Usually we have Christmas Eve at my in-laws and just do finger foods while all the kids go through their presents. When we get home that evening, my wife makes stuffing that has sausage, celery and all kinds of good stuff in it. It is a meal in itself. On Christmas day, I'll fry a turkey after all the presents are open and my wife makes casseroles. We then eat the leftovers for several days - the best part!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post

On Christmas Day we go to my family where it's the traditional family fare (for my family at least):

Turkey (I LOVE turkey!)
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Candied Yams
Baked Beans
Escalloped Corn
green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
Burn and Serve rolls

mmm, sounds yummy! i'm in england, so can you explain to me what candied yams, escalloped corn and green bean casseroles are? i get the general idea but i just want to be sure!

on christmas eve, i spend the day at my mums and see most of the family, when we eat it's usually just things like sausage rolls, sandwiches, couple of slices of pizza. when i go home in the evening i get a takeaway with my partner.

christmas day is a strange one, after drinking heavily (!) at the pub, i go for a chinese meal with my dad, my sister and my dad's side of the family, we have a huge banquet including, spring rolls, peking duck, prawn toast, cod in plum sauce, king prawn seasonal vegetable, chicken black bean sauce, fillet steak in cantonese sauce,fried rice and a bottle or two of champagne!

boxing day is always a great day, about 25 of us on my mums side of the family go for a carvery and have a few bottles of wine, i have prawn cocktail for starter, the for my main course i turkey, stuffing, cranberry, roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflower cheese, brocolli, yorkshire pudding and lot's of gravy. puding is treacle sponge with lot's of custard, and yes, i do put a bit of weight on over the festive period. HO HO HO!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
On Christmas Eve, we always go to my in-laws. We have different things to eat every year. She lets us know ahead of time what the ''theme'' is going to be. Some years it is an all out feast, other years it may be finger foods. We have had BBQ, pot luck, sandwiches, and everything in between. We just have to bring something that goes along with her ''theme'' (and that my kids will eat). She has had some strange ones before.

On Christmas Day, we always go to my mother's house. There we always have a "traditional" Christmas meal...ham, potatoes (mashed and/or potato salad), dressing, gravy, corn, pinto beans, cranberry sauce, macaroni and cheese, rolls, yams or sweet potato casserole, and my chicken casserole (my nephews and nieces fuss if I don't). We usually have other stuff to go along with the traditional things, but it differs from year to year depending on what my sister wants. Desserts are different from year to year also except for an Oreo pie. I make that every year for my kids and nephew.

Last edited by sugarplum fairy; 10-05-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We should put a warning with this thread:

***DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE THE LEAST BIT HUNGRY!!!***

Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

SW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoe

Turkey on both Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Nothing can top it in my opinion!