Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Christmas Carols :)

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,865
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

kathrynloveschristmas has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Carols :)

Me and my mom were just singing some Christmas carols. She plays the guitar and we both sing. I wish we could do that more often, but she says her fingers get too sore! She doesn't play all that often these days, but she still knows how to play her stuff!

Today I was thinking about how around Christmas I get this warm feeling inside...but I can't seem to get it anymore...maybe it's because I'm getting older. I'm turning 15 in November, and it feels like my special feelings are now only memories that I'm holding on to. I really hope not.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

So, Santa...all I want for Christmas is to get that special warm feeling I used to know back.

Love,

Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You came to the right place to try to get that feeling back!! I find that reading heartwarming Christmas stories, or watching Christmas movies really helps. Try reading Chicken Soup For The Soul Christmas Treasury - there's some good stuff in there!!!

http://www.hci-online.com/Engine/Sho...629&itemonly=1

I also have, but haven't read yet - Chicken Soup For The Soul - The Book Of Christmas Virtues:

http://www.hci-online.com/Engine/Sho...846&itemonly=1

There is also Chicken Soup For The Soul Christmas: (Christmas through the eyes of a child)

http://www.hci-online.com/Engine/Sho...153&itemonly=1

AND there is Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids:

http://www.hci-online.com/Engine/Sho...740&itemonly=1

Maybe reading some of those stories will help??? Maybe you could get together with a friend or 2 around Christmas time & make cookies & candy to bring to your neighbors/friends/family - that always gives me the Christmas spirit! Of course old Christmas memories alone give me a warm fuzzy feeling! Maybe you could start some new traditions & make new memories!!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
Last year I started to go off Christmas a bit, but as soon as we got the tree I went pretty mental about it again LOL, I reckon you've just got to think why you'd feel that way, It's not only little kids that get to enjoy Christmas, it's a season for everyone, I listened to some carols a few nights ago & got so inspired I made a bunch of Candycane holder snowmen out of jars, Maybe you should find what you most love about Christmas and concentrate a bit on that, I'm sure the feelings about Christmas will come back, there aren't many people who outright hate the season! Merry Christmas.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:45 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
once the summer is over and those autumn nights start creeping in you will get into the spirit of it all, when it's cold and rainy outside make yourself a hot chocolate and sit with your mum and watch a christmas classic!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

little miss icequeen has shown a merry dispositionlittle miss icequeen has shown a merry disposition
Almost every night now, I listen to christmas music and drink hot chocolate (sugarfree and nonfat, otherwise I would be in BIG trouble by christmas) and plan christmas presents and my christmas party. Oh, and scented candles are also nice to have.
I try to start a new tradition for myself each year because I find it hard to keep up with all the old ones since Iīm older and not living with my parents anymore.
Two years ago I decided to have a christmas party for my friends early in december and be the one who makes them all feel very christmassy, at least for one night, before the "real thing". This is so much fun and my friends love it. I plan it for months; the music, the decorations, the food, the drinks and then I found this great internet site http://www.guesslist.com/homepage.html that has the best Secret Santa game.
Ok now I could go on and on and on but just want to say, donīt worry, Iīm sure you will get that special warm feeling back. Maybe it will be slightly different since you are getting older but donīt let that get to you, it will be just as good.

ps. watching Elf helps
Old 08-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
light

I know what you mean. As we get older the things that brings those special feels change. So you will find what triggers those feels if you keep coming to this awesome site.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Iron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry dispositionIron Eagle has shown a merry disposition
star

I've always enjoyed Christmas. But as you get older your expected to be all grown up about it. Then you have kids of your own, and you once again get to enjoy the wonder of Christmas. Now my sons are all grown up. Now I'm waiting for the grandchildren. Then I get to start all over.

Or you can come to a place like this where everyone understands you and you can enjoy the wonder anytime you want.

Don't let the spirit die.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Iron Eagle View Post
you can come to a place like this where everyone understands you and you can enjoy the wonder anytime you want.

Don't let the spirit die.

I still enjoy Christmas with a wonder of a 5 year old. I love it, haven't decided if I want to grow up yet.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
I still enjoy Christmas with a wonder of a 5 year old. I love it, haven't decided if I want to grow up yet.
Hee hee hee.....ME TOO!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

kathrynloveschristmas has shown a merry disposition
It's not that I've lost my love of Christmas (believe me, I've been driving my mom crazy this past week trying to get her to watch Christmas movies with me!) It's just that that certain feeling I used to get isn't there anymore...a giddy feeling that made me feel like there was no way I could ever feel happier. Maybe I just need to let some new feelings come in. Also, it would help if I knew some people I could get together with that were OBSESSED with Christmas the way we are. I don't know anyone else who loves it as much as I do.

Thanks for all of your thoughts...I appreciate all of the support to get me back "into the spirit again"

Much Love,